Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What happened to all the TIN boats?? >

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Notices

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Old 04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, although this goes against my personal best interests, send an email or PM to "Caldente" (you can find him earlier in this thread). He has a very nice boat that I'd own right now if I could have worked out the logistics. It's in Bandol, France.

Marco, did you ever find out how much the shipyard wanted to sell any of the hulls that they had?

Best regards,

Sean
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll try to dig up some Genoa photos.

A.B.

Originally Posted by ygrowup
Genoa, Italy Andy?!?......you take a wrong turn off the Ohio turnpike? Sounds like an international incident in the making! Let's see some pix. bWd
Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered

Hello Sean,
I'll probably use my CUV to compete in the new IPS, Italia Powerboat Series, a 3 event championship with a categorie for the 15 year and older boat.The thuraya and some other CUV 41 diesel should also race this serie.It should be great.
I'll let you know what we do.
Anyway ,CUV never die,they just race again,
Patrick
Old 04-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim B-C
I realy can't remember but I know after C/T/C in 69 V B ordered 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cash
He had 3 in europe 1 in USA and one in S America.
Plus Don's original "The Cigarette" which Francisco ran. He missed Poole due to race being delayed 24hrs as he had to be back in in Italy and couldn't stay another day.
V B was very bad in '70 because Don P had left and F C had signed Mike Vandenberg who was a great rigger/throttle/mecanic. and V B told me B M would not sign with him.
Think that Don had a very special bond with V B, somewhere I have a pic of the 3 of us to-gether in '68 we had to stand V B on a box to get him in the shot.
Last I heard V B was very ill, with I believe altziemers as has my father..... I haven't heard from Alex B for a few years when I sent him a load of photos.
What has happened to "Delta Synthesis"?? I heard it was for sale but couldn't find out anything..................
I don't know the doom of V B. Once upon a time I asked to Alex about him father but I didn't receive an answer.
Alex is very busy and him site it's not update with my hundreds of pics.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Do you have a contact at Maesterelli's? would love to have here as aproject and put back on the water, broke my ankle in her!! F C couldn't stop laughing, can't post on here what he said. How I miss him I think he had one of the greatest humours in Offshore............ a gentle giant.......a "Gentleman"
Sorry but I haven't contact with him. I can try through my friend that knew Maestrelli for a leasing contract.
Did you race on Alitalia Uno in a CTC or where?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered

Default Muira

Marco, If not Alitalia... then Muira would be an idea she had great surfice drives, not interested in engines.........
Waht year did Petri win the championship I can not remember..
Is he in or out at the moment if you know what I mean...
Although I raced first with V B , Atillio and especially F C was my benifactor and patron...
yes Alex has never put my fotos up. What happened to V B's adopted son?? he was in construction out of Monaco.. I last saw them in 90 and went for lunch at the flat there.. He was still so young at heart and drove like a maniac..
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Registered

Marco, If not Alitalia... then Muira would be an idea she had great surfice drives, not interested in engines.........
Waht year did Petri win the championship I can not remember..
Is he in or out at the moment if you know what I mean...
Although I raced first with V B , Atillio and especially F C was my benifactor and patron...
yes Alex has never put my fotos up. What happened to V B's adopted son?? he was in construction out of Monaco.. I last saw them in 90 and went for lunch at the flat there.. He was still so young at heart and drove like a maniac..
Petri won the Title in 1984.
I have a lot of my pics of that event.
If I remember well you was there with a British boat.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Default 84

83/84 I was running F1 circuit !!and the japenese circus..........
Would you Marco be prepared to find out about Alitalia? If they will not sell, but try hard !! lend/rent whatever for RBR and the next 2 C/T/C.....
Still trying to work out something with Btuno but Ali has to be best option..
Someone some where has got many old boats just wish we could find them and create a Classic Offshore series......
Show the world what real racing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!
regards
Tim
Old 04-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

83/84 I was running F1 circuit !!and the japenese circus..........
Would you Marco be prepared to find out about Alitalia? If they will not sell, but try hard !! lend/rent whatever for RBR and the next 2 C/T/C.....
Still trying to work out something with Btuno but Ali has to be best option..
Someone some where has got many old boats just wish we could find them and create a Classic Offshore series......
Show the world what real racing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!
regards
Tim
Ok Tim,I will try to find out Alitalia Uno. But I think that Maestrelli don't want to sell it...or to extra charged prices.
I will bring with me the magnifying glass and I will put me on the tracks.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Registered

Here a little story about the firsts tin boats in offshore competitions.
In 1965 Jim Wynne designed a boat powered with turbines.
The American Maritime builded two 32' for him;one used in USA and the other one in Europe.
Here the Maritime at the Viareggio-Bastia-Viareggio that Wynne won in 1965.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to all the TIN boats??-02_3_wynne65_m.jpg  

Quick Reply: What happened to all the TIN boats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.