Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What happened to all the TIN boats?? >

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Notices

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Old 04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Odell Lewis drove in others USA races with a identical yellow Maritime 32' named Mona Lou III and with the #49 and powered with a couple of new MerCruiser stern drives.
The boat was owned by Carl Kiekhaefer for the Team Mercury and won the first edition of the Bahamas 500.
Lewis arrived when the dark and used the two little lights on the bow to find the docks of Lucaya.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to all the TIN boats??-baha50067.gif  

Last edited by Black Tornado; 04-11-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Registered

In the same 1967 Merrik Lewis owner of the Maritime Boats compete in the World Championships in USA and Europe opposing to the Team Mercury, with a tin 32' Wynne/Walters design named Momma Maritime,very similar to the firsts Wynne 32' boats and powered with two Daytonas.
In Europe came a 25' with 3 Johnson outboards named Maritime 02,and drove by the Americans M.G. Hardy(Wills Trophy) and G.Peroni(CTC) and the British Peter Twiss(Naples Trophy) and Don Shead(VBV).
In USA another 25'(or the same used in Europe) named Maritime 01 was drove by Bob Nordskog.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to all the TIN boats??-momma_maritime__1967_.jpg  

Last edited by Black Tornado; 04-11-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Registered

Totally Maritime builded 4 tin boats 32' and two 25'.
Where are now?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Brownie,you was there.
I have taken the information on Searace.
However turbines or not to run in two continent ones nearly always wanted to say to have two boats to disposition.
I must correct me.
On Searace Crouse speaks of Daytonas turbocharged upset on the Maritime of Wynne that raced in USA.
On another Italian book it speaks of turbines instead.
However the competitions to that time were very distant among them in the dates and don't be had news of Wynne race in USA during the summer.
Then it probably deals with a only 32' to disposition of Wynne.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Tim, although this goes against my personal best interests, send an email or PM to "Caldente" (you can find him earlier in this thread). He has a very nice boat that I'd own right now if I could have worked out the logistics. It's in Bandol, France.

Marco, did you ever find out how much the shipyard wanted to sell any of the hulls that they had?

Best regards,

Sean
Sean,I spoke in the morning with the owner of that CUVs,Binautica Racing.
He have also a CUV-Peters cat modified,a Cougar tin cat former Paul Picot-Sant'Orsola and a Jaguar cat former Paul Picot of 1988.
I sent you a PM but I don't know if you've received.

Marco
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forgecraft

Originally Posted by littlenige
For many years in the UK tin boats raced very successfully in UIM class 3C (for 2 litre boats), like this Forgecraft. Very good in the rough - won many races.
Hi There,
i was wondering if you have any more photos of this boat,
i managed to buy it and i want to restore it.
my email is [email protected]

thanks a million
karl
Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Marco, sorry I was running around a lot over the past couple of weeks. I sent a pm. Thanks for all the "leg work"!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
I must correct me.
On Searace Crouse speaks of Daytonas turbocharged upset on the Maritime of Wynne that raced in USA.
On another Italian book it speaks of turbines instead.
However the competitions to that time were very distant among them in the dates and don't be had news of Wynne race in USA during the summer.
Then it probably deals with a only 32' to disposition of Wynne.
Hi Marco: I was involved with the Maritime with Turbines, I even was fortunate to ride it on Lake Winebago with Carl K. at the throttles. Had to be in 1967 or 1968. Kiek. bought the boat from Wynn and was going to work with Wynn on some turbine projects, when I worked for Carl we had several turbines in the factory for testing and evaluation. I am pretty sure the Maritime turbine boat was never in Europe, unless it was after Odell raced it here in the USA which was from maybe 1966 ???? to 1968 or 9 ????????. There were some very unique things with this boat and how you had to run it. The boat actually had LaSalle transmissions connected to the turbines. and foot brakes on the bulkhead. The transmission handles also stuck thru the driver bulkhead. The purpose of the brake was to slow and stop the first stage of the turbine to shift the transmission either into reverse or one of the forward gears. Once you were in gear you would gradually let off the brake to get going. There were also two sets of throttles, I believe one set was for first stage, and second was for the final stage, and those were the ones you would use. I remember when Carl drove the boat for our ride, Odell was with us and would wince everytime Carl shifted or docked the boat, he used to grind the gears unbelievable.
To this day that is one of the most memorable boat rides of my life.
7XCHAMP
Old 09-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kim
The NOTAREAL 42' Cougar Cat is in Finland. It's been refitted with a new deck and from what I hear it's for sale. Kim
It has been down under for almost 15 yrs already...
And yes it is for sale but Iīm not selling it and wouldnīt If I had it.
And it isnīt a 42 but a 41.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing
or these? They must be in Europe...Marco? Little Nige?
I heve seen in 1999 one of this Alitalia 41' CUV in Viareggio. The boat was in a shipyerd, no engines but still in not bad conditions...

Quick Reply: What happened to all the TIN boats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.