Notices

Conquest cats

Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it was extremely hard to stay ahead of of you b**tards...........
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM
jef
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T2x,thanks a lot for all your advice and help !!good to have guy,s like you!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
it was extremely hard to stay ahead of of you b**tards...........
Normally I don't dispute your words....... but this time your exageration has gone too far.......
Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Whats the story on this one? I've seen it race in St.Claire and was alway intrigued by the wood bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Conquest cats-panama%2520jack.gif  
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Would I be wrong in saying that the Jaguars which plug was built by Kenny also started the demise of Cougars domination.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Panama Jack was originally What A Package. I don't ever remember it performing as well as the larger boats.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CIG3
Whats the story on this one? I've seen it race in St.Claire and was alway intrigued by the wood bottom.
We built that one for Dominick Palumbi and it was originally christened "What-A-Package". Later it raced out of Florida and won a regional high points Championship as "Panama Jack". Since then it has been renamed for a pair of twins, a pizza company, and some other incarnations.

It was somewhat heavy, and not as fast as the later "Captain America" we built (see below). It also did not have particularly attractive styling.... but it has lasted , it seems, forever.....

By the way the entire boat is wood fibreglass composite...not just the bottom.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Conquest cats-my-pictures-034.jpg  

Last edited by T2x; 07-22-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Would I be wrong in saying that the Jaguars which plug was built by Kenny also started the demise of Cougars domination.
I can't see how...... Jack only made two or three that were competitive in open class....and only for a few years. The only real consistent winner was John D'elia's. Jack's bigger "stretch" versions of that hull didn't turn out well at all.... and by then Peter Hledin had a much bigger impact. Jaguar did make that Mike Peter's designed Superboat, but it seemed like too little too late.

Remember Cougar had multiple boats campaigning in Europe, and the U.S. in both open and Superboat class. In truth neither Jaguar....nor Conquest ...had a major impact on their position.

We did manage to give Cougar a much better run for their money with the Shadow/Chris Cats in the smaller classes.

IMHO the 35' Jaguar was basically a scaled up Chris Cat and very well made, although for the record, neither George nor I had any involvement with that hull.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 07-22-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think any builder of offshore raceboats dallied in the area of wierd boats that we did. The 8 engine Popeye's, the 12' NACA wing over Toleman's 38' alunimum cat. The bottom shape, with last panel following the datum line., variety of materials, etc. Remember that we invented the Superboat class (much to my regret), perfected the big triple vees, the Cougar Cub, first over 100 mph, 110, 120 130 140, 150. Other than that, we didn't do s**t.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
this is still owned by the Bakers brothers (twins) one lives in St Pete now and the other is still in Lk. St. Clair area they used to double trouble a 24 Skater and campaigned this for a few years as Beach Bull and last i heard they still have the boat but was running 2.4 outboards so not very competitive

Quick Reply: Conquest cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.