Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Christmas present to ourselves !!! >

Christmas present to ourselves !!!

Notices

Christmas present to ourselves !!!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Christmas present to ourselves !!!

Hey Richie and Bobby or any of the "Old guard" out there.....how about a nice Christmas present to ourselves.

They are planning a 2008 Round Britain Race. Do you think that we could still use old age and treachery to beat youth and reflexes?

Maybe we could find some sponsors and put together a respectful effort to honor some of our past friends. I have been thinking about the passing of Joey Ippolito and how life is there one day and just gone the next.

Maybe, just maybe, we might have one last race left in us, especially when the water gets big.

Let me know your thoughts.

Charlie
Old 12-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Christmas present to ourselves !!!

i will go
Old 12-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Can't we do this type of race here in the states. Miami to Bimini ?
Old 12-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

How about a race from Jacksonville to Destin with stops in Daytona, Palm Beach, Miami, Key West, Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, Cedar Key, Destin.????
Old 12-27-2006, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, are cats allowed? i bet we could get some play on this
Old 12-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Hey Richie and Bobby or any of the "Old guard" out there.....how about a nice Christmas present to ourselves.

They are planning a 2008 Round Britain Race. Do you think that we could still use old age and treachery to beat youth and reflexes?

Maybe we could find some sponsors and put together a respectful effort to honor some of our past friends. I have been thinking about the passing of Joey Ippolito and how life is there one day and just gone the next.

Maybe, just maybe, we might have one last race left in us, especially when the water gets big.

Let me know your thoughts.

Charlie

Charlie,

What a good idea! I really hope that you guys can do it.
It would be great to have the opportunity to see you all race again.
Also, in other form of motorsport, there are specific categories for classic vehicles. It would be interesting to convince the organisers of such events to copy this and allow some Old School Boats to compete as well.

Phil.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deauville Trophy
Charlie,

What a good idea! I really hope that you guys can do it.
It would be great to have the opportunity to see you all race again.
Also, in other form of motorsport, there are specific categories for classic vehicles. It would be interesting to convince the organisers of such events to copy this and allow some Old School Boats to compete as well.

Phil.
I did contact the organizers, and they will allow us with Aeromarine 3 to race in class C1 (open). There are already 4 other Cigarettes( he did not want to tell which) showing interest in the race. If we can raise the money it would be fun with somebody like Richie on the throttles......

Regards Joern
Old 12-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Charlie: I`m for it, but I`m thinking of the 70` Buzzi V-Bottom called record with the four 3412 cats in it, Mercurio and I were talking about this couple years ago, when My friend Omar wanted to revive the Miami-Naussau-Miami race, and is something I intend to do at some point. I`m still discussing with Omar. We wanted to post a $200,000 purse, basically the old Crouse Sea Race, what do you think of that??????? Joern has also invited me to throttle the red and yellow ex Magoon boat for round Britain. Bigger is better for that race, I`d like to be able to eat a sandwich on the way. Great job on the article for Extreme, keep it up. Happy New Year, looks like next year could be a good one for the legends, 7XCHAMP
Old 12-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Hi Charlie: I`m for it, but I`m thinking of the 70` Buzzi V-Bottom called record with the four 3412 cats in it, Mercurio and I were talking about this couple years ago, when My friend Omar wanted to revive the Miami-Naussau-Miami race, and is something I intend to do at some point. I`m still discussing with Omar. We wanted to post a $200,000 purse, basically the old Crouse Sea Race, what do you think of that??????? Joern has also invited me to throttle the red and yellow ex Magoon boat for round Britain. Bigger is better for that race, I`d like to be able to eat a sandwich on the way. Great job on the article for Extreme, keep it up. Happy New Year, looks like next year could be a good one for the legends, 7XCHAMP

Richie I am open for any open water race. I want to do something before we are talking about this from the old age home.

Thanks...re the Extreme article....I hoped it portrayed a little of what it was like back then. I want to do some interviews for the magazine with guys like you and Bobby, Brownie etc for your memories of your best race.