Origin of DADDY COOL >

Origin of DADDY COOL

Notices

Origin of DADDY COOL

Old 12-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Origin of DADDY COOL

BLee No, we do not still have the Orange 39, only the "79" 36' "Fishin Boat" that we were runnin in Ocean City. John Haggin and Scotty B of AMF are really the one's that Got his Blood Boilin, I just kinda looked at him with that gleam and uncovered the boat one day. Those are the Guys that deserve all the credit. Have a great New Year.

Jr.

Last edited by Billy Martin; 12-30-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Martin
Top Bananna, Asking Dad About #10, but am not sure of the question? Please Elaborate on the question and will give any info he's got on it. Thanks and Have a great new Year

Jr.

Jr

Daddy Cool is the number # 7 35 footer built. That means 1974 was the year of construction. The following year, 1975 there was a 35 foot Cigarette that ran in the Bushmills in California that had the number 10 on the side. The name on the boat was Impossible Dream.

My question for your dad was...... does he remember that boat and does he think that could be Daddy Cool?

As it carries the # 7 for series construction, it would eliminate all the later built 35's like Conspiracy etc.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

I have a 35 Cigarette that is #16 ,built in Feb of 75'.Not a race boat but an Awesome raised deck model. Do all the SN's run in sequence on the boats if they are race or pleasure?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i heard a guy named art swift from here in grand rapids,mi. raced it for a while??? but i'm not sure of that.
todd
Old 12-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered

TB- Dad thinks very possible that you are right, and that boat could have been Daddy Cool, But he is not sure. Roger Munn ran the boat and maintained it for Art Swift, and suggests that you call him just to make sure, Rogers Cell Number is (239) 450-7277. If I could be of any other help let me know.
Take care Jr.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Christian, We're All Doin Good, How bout you? Thanks for the info on Daddy Cool, it was more than I know. I know My Father ran the boat with Art Swift Some 20+ Years ago, but I was Real young at the time and dont remember much Bout it all. Glad to hear from you, will you be runnin in 07?

Have a great new Year!
Jr.
JR
i am going to try, brothers getting married on one of the race dates so that messes that one up i think its mid sept. other then that i hope to be getting the bottom a lil wet this summer. i wanted to lower the cocpit floor but i have no time. to busy making lil boats and working in phila. i will be up your way in jan though want me to give you a holler??
cdc
Old 01-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Very Cool, I know the feelin with messed up Dates, My Wife is Due to Have a baby on the 28th of June and the opening race of the season is the 23rd in Ocean City. That may be a race I will have to miss, all depends on how the mrs, feels at that time. Hows the real estate Biz Going? Whats with the little boats? When your in the area, defidently give me a call, my cell is (908) 448 8901 Talk to you soon

Jr
Old 01-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

TB- Dad thinks very possible that you are right, and that boat could have been Daddy Cool, But he is not sure. Roger Munn ran the boat and maintained it for Art Swift, and suggests that you call him just to make sure, Rogers Cell Number is (239) 450-7277. If I could be of any other help let me know.
Take care Jr.
I spoke to Roger this morning and he had the entire history of the boat.

It is # 7 ....the seventh 35 built. It was purchased and the rigging was started, but never finished.

Roger found the boat in Florida and rigged it for some guys in Panama in the early 80's.

The boat first raced as Panama Jack and then it sat at his shop for a while until Art Swift saw it and bought it and renamed it Daddy Cool.

The boat is now owned by the Bochis family. John Bochis of Crazy Greek fame and his son George are planning on racng it again this year in OPA events.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a recent photo of daddy cool with a couple of world champions. It ran awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Origin of DADDY COOL-daddycool-021.jpg  
Old 01-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My good bud John Pompi of Marine Performance in Port Orange FL worked for Aronow when he was a teenager and knows the history on every Cig made at that time.He said he remembers that flat deck especially.He also knows every Apache built under the sun too.

Quick Reply: Origin of DADDY COOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.