Back In The Day

Old 02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow great pics!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H20boater (or anyone else that might know), I read in Searace that Davey Wilson drove "a 38' Italian aluminum deep V" to third place in the 1983 Detroit Race(Detroit River & Lake St. Clair). It doesn't say what marque the boat was, but indicates the name/sponsor was "Ittios, Inc." I'm curious about what make the boat was and if there are any photos or if anyone knows aything about it.

Maybe that boat was the CUV Bandit/Caliente or another boat that was left here after one of the world championships in Florida? I thought that there was some indication that there could have been another CUV left in the US and there was also some comment that Billy Martin throttled or dove one at some point.

I'd also heard that Brownie knew something about the CUVs that ran here in the US. Is that true?

Any info or photos would be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
H20boater (or anyone else that might know), I read in Searace that Davey Wilson drove "a 38' Italian aluminum deep V" to third place in the 1983 Detroit Race(Detroit River & Lake St. Clair). It doesn't say what marque the boat was, but indicates the name/sponsor was "Ittios, Inc." I'm curious about what make the boat was and if there are any photos or if anyone knows aything about it.

Maybe that boat was the CUV Bandit/Caliente or another boat that was left here after one of the world championships in Florida? I thought that there was some indication that there could have been another CUV left in the US and there was also some comment that Billy Martin throttled or dove one at some point.

I'd also heard that Brownie knew something about the CUVs that ran here in the US. Is that true?

Any info or photos would be appreciated.
Is this it, not the best pic will look for more.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0225.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CUV as suspected! Thanks! Yah any more photos or info would be greatly appreciated. I does look a lot like Bandit/Caliente.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like we can see It's the next Caliente of Antonelli.
I think it was a 38' builded for an american driver in those years(1982-83) or maybe it's the former Ali Reza of the weapons merchant Francesco Pazienza alias Frank Donato that had a all white 38' in 1982. The little lateral air scopes in the engines hatches seems the same of that boat. No other CUV 38' had those air scopes.
That American CUV have a windshield modified on the sides too. Was modified in USA or born in that shape?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A few more shot's of Betty Cook's #-89 Winning Scarab, one at the start the other finishing the Detroit River race.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0232.jpg   Back In The Day-scan0233.jpg  
Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered

Wolverine was one of the most beautiful Active cats!
It's a pity that exists few colours pics of it.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Wolverine was one of the most beautiful Active cats!
It's a pity that exists few colours pics of it.
Pete was one of our local offshore Hero's ,here is one pic of the WOLVERINE and a pic of that beer add with the beak's of the WOLVERINE in the back ground of that Detroit race !!! Betty beat her old friend, Pete Smith WOLVERINE in that race.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0239.jpg   Back In The Day-michelob2.jpg  
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Many thanks h2oboater,
To think that in those years I and a friend of mine we saw actual that page of addvertising and we recognized that that spike of sponson that breaks from the bow of the Scarab of Betty Cook should belong to the Wolverine.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

To this day I still regret selling Pete's pleasure Wolverine Active cat,, LOVE THEM WOLVERINE COLOR"S
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-ocean_express_ca_2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Back In The Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.