http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072698/

It contains killer Magnum footage

Jeff
Old 02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I think the boat was a 27 Magnum Sport named Bank Shot.
With Fred Mcmurray. Bottom line---Delamination got the boat not Bermuda Triangle.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow totally correct, i saw this movie when i was 10 maybe.
and so many of you knew it! Shows the power of net!

Thanks Sr et al!

CDC
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

The yellow Magnum sport in the movie with the Volvo drives I believe turned up here on Lake St Clair around 1978, it was called Super Banana then ?? At least that was the story back in the day.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is a recent find from the E.C.H. archives, a short story about Ken Black and his LiL RHINO ! By the way the engine in the limo was also built by Jack Roush, it really could meltdown the tires. Today Ken and the TiKi bar are still a legend at Emerald City Harbor on Lake St Clair.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-miragee-kblack78.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 03-12-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Found this 1980 38' Scarab on craigslist $6500.00 it's been for sale for some time, no engines. I had one like this, there great 55mph wave crushers with twin 400hp. http://porthuron.craigslist.org/boa/1091171787.html
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scarab-1810.jpg  
Old 03-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Donzi Doral [P-300 HEAT WAVE]

Well I did it again, I just had to have Donzi from BACK IN THE DAY..
I saw this 24' Donzi Doral when she was new at Markley Marine here in the Detroit area around 1975. Having owned a 16' Donzi in the past I thought this Doral would be a cool boat to have. She did not stay on the showroom floor long because the dealership went APBA offshore racing with her in the production boat class. They had to cut her windshield off to meet APBA safety standards but other than some racing numbers she was ready to race. This Donzi became P-300 HEAT WAVE raced by Jim Krause. I lost track of her over the years untill I saw her for sale on craigslist two years ago, I knew it was the old HEAT WAVE. I thought it sold but when she popped up again this year I knew I had to have her to add to my collection of old offshore boats. I did not realize how good of shape she was in till I got her home. It needs a good cleaning but it's all there, even the original interior is in very good shape. Other than rebuilding the engines I my have her done this summer. When done I will keep the windshield on but she will have all the old race numbers and name put back
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-donzi-osaffell517.jpg   Back In The Day-donzi-d.jpg   Back In The Day-donzi-d-1.jpg  

Back In The Day-donzi-heat-wave-1.jpg   Back In The Day-donzi-eng.jpg  
Old 03-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great boat Mark....glad to see you own it!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

The owner of the boat was here on OSO about 5yrs ago his name was "Bankshot" search in the Cigarette section for his posts.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Well I did it again, I just had to have Donzi from BACK IN THE DAY..
I saw this 24' Donzi Doral when she was new at Markley Marine here in the Detroit area around 1975. Having owned a 16' Donzi in the past I thought this Doral would be a cool boat to have. She did not stay on the showroom floor long because the dealership went APBA offshore racing with her in the production boat class. They had to cut her windshield off to meet APBA safety standards but other than some racing numbers she was ready to race. This Donzi became P-300 HEAT WAVE raced by Jim Krause. I lost track of her over the years untill I saw her for sale on craigslist two years ago, I knew it was the old HEAT WAVE. I thought it sold but when she popped up again this year I knew I had to have her to add to my collection of old offshore boats. I did not realize how good of shape she was in till I got her home. It needs a good cleaning but it's all there, even the original interior is in very good shape. Other than rebuilding the engines I my have her done this summer. When done I will keep the windshield on but she will have all the old race numbers and name put back

You collect boats, like I collect wives. Hope you have better luck.

Quick Reply: Back In The Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.