Notices

Back In The Day

Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep the old school pics coming - they´re great.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldschoolfan
You were located in the old signature boats building on 188th street right. I was looking into the history of signature boats and was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I was told that the last owner of Signature was a guy named Mike Becall did he take over the company after Tommy Adams was killed? Did you ever know this guy at all. Or what happen to the company after Tommy.

Thanks

Oldschoolfan
i know mike he was in mass some 10 years ago useing the signature name and i gave him money to build me a boat . and ended up in court some years later with no boat. but he was using the signature name.he did have a 38 built with triple small blocks at the time.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by JERSEY DEVIL
i know mike he was in mass some 10 years ago useing the signature name and i gave him money to build me a boat . and ended up in court some years later with no boat. but he was using the signature name.he did have a 38 built with triple small blocks at the time.
That had to have sucked!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So tell me what happen did he just never build the boat? Did you get your money back? What was his conection to the original Signature boats. I hope it all worked out for you
Old 02-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Here are two Signature Marine's, the 38' was Bernie Little's Natural Light, the other was Jim Talbott's 27', AFT-R-U, P-10.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0119.jpg   Back In The Day-scan0118.jpg  
Old 02-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldschoolfan
So tell me what happen did he just never build the boat? Did you get your money back? What was his conection to the original Signature boats. I hope it all worked out for you
he said he bought the molds i gave 5000 deposit in jan of that year .and he gave me a del date of june that same year. waited the whole summer and never saw anything. then he said i would have it buy sept oct mold had to be repaired. than nothing and feb i went an paid a suprise visit , and had to find his new place of operations, and did. found the the mold laying on its side with some dirt and 2 dogs living in it . the mold was shot. i asked for my money back and he said he was broke . i then talked to locals and they said he had done this many times before.so i got a lawyer and kept after him. on christmas and every hoilday . i had the sheriff haul him in till he made the payment that the court had orderd. after 4 years i got 2400 back . thats about it.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Here are two Signature Marine's, the 38' was Bernie Little's Natural Light, the other was Jim Talbott's 27', AFT-R-U, P-10.
Anyone know what happened to the Aft R U 2 Signature after the accident out east? If I recall correctly, it rolled in a turn with another Sig called Crazy Greek.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ygrowup
Anyone know what happened to the Aft R U 2 Signature after the accident out east? If I recall correctly, it rolled in a turn with another Sig called Crazy Greek.
Dave was Mark in the boat at the time of the accident?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No, Dave Rutkowski was.

Just a sidebar, I think I saw somewhere else on OSO recently that the Crazy Greek guys just bought the old Daddy Cool Cig.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here another Signature Lady L,this was for sale for some time now, don't know if it sold. Was this raced under any other name ???
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0121.jpg  

Quick Reply: Back In The Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.