1972 Marauder race boat. >

1972 Marauder race boat.

Notices

1972 Marauder race boat.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1972 Marauder race boat.

Another find, over the weekend I picked up a 23 foot 1972 race boat, it looks alot like an old Bertram, 4 scoops on hatch covers, small cock pit, just bones in the v-berth,totally old school race setup. It was located in Redmond, WA. yellow sides white deck & hull painted over what looks like red sides and a blue deck. The power is a 72 (427) tall deck with a crashbox and a speedie 3 drive. The story goes it was raced down in California back in the day... The title which I don't think matches the boat calls out a AUTOCRAF.

Does anybody know anything about this old race boat? the plan is to use the boat as the testing ground for the power plant for the 1967 Aronow boat I'm restoring.

Thank you HH

Last edited by VintageOffshoreClassic; 09-01-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by VintageOffshoreClassic
Another find, over the weekend I picked up a 23 foot 1972 race boat, it looks alot like an old Bertram, 4 scoops on hatch covers, small cock pit, just bones in the v-berth,totally old school race setup. It was located in Redmond, WA. yellow sides white deck & hull painted over what looks like red sides and a blue deck. The power is a 72 (427) tall deck with a crashbox and a speedie 3 drive. The story goes it was raced down in California back in the day... The title which I don't think matches the boat calls out a AUTOCRAF.

Does anybody know anything about this old race boat? the plan is to use the boat as the testing ground for the power plant for the 1967 Aronow boat I'm restoring.

Third posting down on the page below shows pictures.

http://www.nwoffshore.com/forums/sho...?t=1851&page=2

Thank you HH
I think this is it it won the Brass Monkey Marathon sponsored by the Garden State Power Boat Club on the east coast in 1974. The boat was a jet drive boat, On the side it said Drake Jet. Tom Brown the owner change the drive over to a speed III just before the race.
Attached Thumbnails 1972 Marauder race boat.-scan00525.jpg  
Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How's the Magnum resto coming?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

The Magnum is coming along very well, this little boat will be the test grounds for the engine & drive. The glass work is 80 % done. I'll be posting some updates and pictures up on HORBA in the next few months maybe sooner. Yours sure looks cool, I bet your at http://www.lordfletchers.com/ in the summer time.

Last edited by VintageOffshoreClassic; 03-28-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Magnum is coming along very well, this little boat will be the test grounds for the engine & drive. The glass work is 80 % done. I'll be posting some updates and pictures up on HORBA in the next few months maybe sooner. Yours sure looks cool, I bet your at http://www.lordfletchers.com/ in the summer time.

.....I do go to Fletcher's.......most of the crowd there doesn't know what to make of an old Magnum......

Keep us posted on the restoration.......I am very interetsed.

Cheers,
Aaron
Old 03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Third posting down on the page below shows pictures.

http://www.nwoffshore.com/forums/sho...?t=1851&page=2

Thank you HH
I had dig a little deeper in my collection but here it is, 22' Autocoast . I found it in a July 1972 American Boating paper.
Attached Thumbnails 1972 Marauder race boat.-scan00686.jpg  
Old 03-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by h2oboater
I had dig a little deeper in my collection but here it is, 22' Autocoast . I found it in a July 1972 American Boating paper.
Very nice work your awesome on the finds, can you email it too me...
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very nice work your awesome on the finds, can you email it too me...
DONE !!! ENJOY
Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I think 24 degrees is on to something with this H20boater for president thing.................Nice pics mark
Old 04-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

That is a very cool picture thank you Mark; this will help for the restore efforts.

I have another challenge; I have only two pictures of the 1967 28’ Maltese Magnum (white) number (4) one of Don Aronow’s race boat’s. I have the boat with the single engine. The two pic’s I do have one from Michael Aronow’s book (center of the book two page pic) and the one in Crouse’s book with the boat running out front of the yellow number 70 turbine. In 67 he raced a total of six boats three white hulls in the U.S. (twin 427) (twin outboards) (single 427) mine the single. He also raced the same configuration in Europe with green hulls. I’m in the process of laying out the gadges and rigging so any close up’s or other shots found would be helpful.

Thank you,

Last edited by VintageOffshoreClassic; 04-01-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: 1972 Marauder race boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.