Notices

Bertram 38' Mr. Goodwrench

Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Charlie....Thats some shot !

LS
Steve that amazing part of the memory is that you guys raced the same waters in smaller boats.

No one ever complained, the water was just big and everyone knew it and everyone raced....that's why we came, to race and we did.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Steve that amazing part of the memory is that you guys raced the same waters in smaller boats.

No one ever complained, the water was just big and everyone knew it and everyone raced....that's why we came, to race and we did.
Charlie I remember those days to, but as one of the offshore referee's in the Great Lakes region for the last 12+ years I had to cancel at least two race's due to big water, water we use to race in. The boats have changed ,and speeds they run, but also I can't subject the volunteer turn and patrol boats to those conditions. Don's Bertram could easly run 10 to 20 mph faster than it did in the later 70's. Lastly the Coast Guard Permits, and Insurance have changed greatly also.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CougarM
This boat is the old LongShot (Ex Visions of Guernsey, Ex Dog Gone), I sold it to a guy in Portugal about 6 years ago
I said that on post #13.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

one of those mr. goodwrech boats was bennihana #4.then became harry roths and then m.f.s boat and delaminated.sat under marina city for years......then was resurected........say hallaluya........
Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Charlie....Thats some shot !

LS

That shot is right up there with the Apache picture of Warpath flying. That Bertram has got to be 25-30 feet vertical height to the water and must have been a helluva landing.

No wonder these are awesome boats.

Wannabe
Old 04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the boat you are looking for? I recently bought this jewel from Don Onken. I plan to restore it to its glory days and use it as a test platform for a vertical power trim system that I have developed which changes the X-Dimension with the touch of a button at the helm.

Bertram 38' Mr. Goodwrench-apr-6-07-6.jpg
Originally Posted by littlenige
I think he knows that Marco!

I agree about the windshield etc - totally different. Come on folks, somebody out there must know more about the Goodwrench Bertram!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At Last!
Just that!
Well done Scott H.!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott H.
Is this the boat you are looking for? I recently bought this jewel from Don Onken. I plan to restore it to its glory days and use it as a test platform for a vertical power trim system that I have developed which changes the X-Dimension with the touch of a button at the helm.

Attachment 272785
d-4 or bennihana 4. same vent hole shape on rear of deck....
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
That shot is right up there with the Apache picture of Warpath flying. That Bertram has got to be 25-30 feet vertical height to the water and must have been a helluva landing.

No wonder these are awesome boats.

Wannabe
not a 24 degree deadrise boat.the landing was not like a true v bottom.rounded if i remember.they got jarred on re entry.just my opinion.......
Old 04-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
not a 24 degree deadrise boat.the landing was not like a true v bottom.rounded if i remember.they got jarred on re entry.just my opinion.......

True, the 38 Comps have 20 degree V and i bet the landing was rough. But they were a helluva race boat in the day.

Wannabe

Quick Reply: Bertram 38' Mr. Goodwrench

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.