Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good project for someone to finish up.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck I hope you get what you want and more. Wish I could aford it and or had the time
Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Registered

Man it tears me up to see a boat like this up for sale at this price when there's no way for me to make sense of buying it.

I've watched so many cars that I should have bought 10, 15 or 20 years ago for next to nothing go through the roof in recent years...

1989 - "Man that is a really rad old Camaro Trans Am car... but what would I do with it. Besides, $2,500 seems like a lot for a worn out old race car..."

1995 - "Man, I can't believe that they're getting $45k for an old Camaro Trans Am car!"

2005 - "Holy crap, an old Camaro Trans Am car just sold for $150k! And it was a no-name car with limited history!"

Anyone want to start telling stories of laughing at guys trying to sell Superbirds back in the mid '80s?

Good luck Rat! It's a great boat with a pure-bred pedigree that can't be replicated.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Man it tears me up to see a boat like this up for sale at this price when there's no way for me to make sense of buying it.

I've watched so many cars that I should have bought 10, 15 or 20 years ago for next to nothing go through the roof in recent years...

1989 - "Man that is a really rad old Camaro Trans Am car... but what would I do with it. Besides, $2,500 seems like a lot for a worn out old race car..."

1995 - "Man, I can't believe that they're getting $45k for an old Camaro Trans Am car!"

2005 - "Holy crap, an old Camaro Trans Am car just sold for $150k! And it was a no-name car with limited history!"

Anyone want to start telling stories of laughing at guys trying to sell Superbirds back in the mid '80s?

Good luck Rat! It's a great boat with a pure-bred pedigree that can't be replicated.

A buddy of mine does resto-rods.....back in highschool he had a pro-street 69 camaro.....sold it back in the early 90's for barely $10k......then unloaded a all numbers matching 69 chevelle for $2500 cause it needed body work and was starting to rust though the spring perches in the rear....now its all he talks about on how stupid he was selling them off!!! lol

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ratman I'm very sorry that you must do it.
I hope that will go on good hands that continues the restoration.
In memory of J.I.

Marco
Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Hi Ratman,

I am interested in your boat.

How much do think it would cost to finish it? Is there a massive amount of work to be done? Please fill me in as much as possible. Are the stringers, transom etc ok?

Finally, how much do you think the boat as is will go for? What price were the engines/legs you were going to put in it?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered

So does anyone have any answers???? I"m impatient!.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

That boat is a bulletproof tank..........If i was a little richer and not in the middle of a mag restore i would remorgage my house and finish that boat.........

Phil it makes my stomach turn to see this thing on ebay...........

Good luck and i hope it goes to a old school lover........
Attached Thumbnails michelob light boat on ebay-321.jpg   michelob light boat on ebay-img002a%5B1%5D.jpg   michelob light boat on ebay-scan0217.jpg  

Old 05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered

PriceB, she was for sale in the classified, but the ad appears to be gone. I believe that he was asking $20k for the boat $85k for the motors only and $80k as a package deal. The boat includes the 3A drives, the big dual ram k planes, an aluminum trialer and all the rigging. It seemed like it was a pretty easy project.

I don't know the guy, but I believe his mother just passed away so he may be indisposed right now.

As I recall, you have a family business in Huntington Beach. There are a few very good options if you'd like to have this boat finished locally. Matt at Mobile Marine Service in HB is my #1 choice. A great guy and as honest and straight forward as they come. He's on OSO and on the scope site (www.scopeinfo.com) as "Mobilemarine1". The second option would be SC Performance and Precision Marine, also in HB. SCP has a web site. Scott Conrad is a good guy and they do very nice work (check out the Spectre section on OSO) and Mark at Precision (which is run out of the back of SCP) is another super guy who does top notch work on a lot of very high end boats. They also have an arrive and drive deal where you can just fly in and they'll have your boat ready to go, including indoor storage. Finally, Paul Pfaff is also in HB. Paul is another genuinely good guy. PM me if you want.

Good luck, Sean

Quick Reply: michelob light boat on ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.