Thanks To Charlie McCarthy >

Thanks To Charlie McCarthy

Notices

Thanks To Charlie McCarthy

Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was really impressed with the photos that Charlie dug up. The Dapper Don shot is awesome.

Looks like we have an audience, what's next Charlie?

I can't wait either!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read it today.. great article... it mentions a movie... I would like more info on the movie please

Ernie
Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

I would like to write about the old races as there seems to be a lot of response to those type of articles.

Naturally I will write about the Bushmills race that I won in 1979, but I also want to add the same race, from some of the other drivers perspective.

Jerry Jacoby, who drove AJAC HAWK is the guy who came in second in that race. I spoke to Jerry recently about his memories of the race andhe has agreed to sit down with me and talk it out again.

Also in that race was Betty Cook, Howard Quam, Joel Halpern, Bill Elswick, Rocky Aoki, Joey Ippolito and Powerboat publisher Bob Nordskog.

Bob was thrown out of his boat during the race. Bob was the only driver of the time to use a foot throttle and in some races it didn't quite work out.

I also agreed with Jerry that I would write about the Bahamas 200 race, where he beat me and gave the Cigarette Top Gun it's very first victory in offshore racing.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks To Charlie McCarthy-bushmills0017a.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 08-16-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to read about it!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I
Naturally I will write about the Bushmills race that I won in 1979, but I also want to add the same race, from some of the other drivers perspective..
As well you should your insite because of you close affiliation with Don and the racing community Lets us all live vicariously thru your stories.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

I would like to write about the old races as there seems to be a lot of response to those type of articles.

Are they going to play the Don Aronow Film in the USA or offer DVD's ???

Thanks
Jon
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Naturally I will write about the Bushmills race that I won in 1979, but I also want to add the same race, from some of the other drivers perspective.

Jerry Jacoby, who drove AJAC HAWK is the guy who came in second in that race. I spoke to Jerry recently about his memories of the race andhe has agreed to sit down with me and talk it out again.

Also in that race was Betty Cook, Howard Quam, Joel Halpern, Bill Elswick, Rocky Aoki, Joey Ippolito and Powerboat publisher Bob Nordskog.

Bob was thrown out of his boat during the race. Bob was the only driver of the time to use a foot throttle and in some races it didn't quite work out.

I also agreed with Jerry that I would write about the Bahamas 200 race, where he beat me and gave the Cigarette Top Gun it's very first victory in offshore racing.
Sounds great. You know we'll do our best to make it seem like the race happened yesterday and you'll all be invited to ride along with Charlie.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Charlie, great story on Don !
Old 08-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Read the article today. Charlie, great job. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the next article.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Awesome read very well done....

Quick Reply: Thanks To Charlie McCarthy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.