1965 turbine thunderbird >

1965 turbine thunderbird

Notices

1965 turbine thunderbird

Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
I just read this thread & think its pretty cool that you are taking on a challenge of that magnitude. I hope you are able to find everything you need to finish & would really like to see it when your done.
If you ever head west stop by and I will show it to you, I am 35 miles west of Ogallala Ne. Across the hiway from the Julesburg co airport. If you are at the end of the runway, you are at my driveway.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ill have to look & see if i can fit that into a trip to havazoo for the poker run in april, just a thought if you dont find any other color photos of the boat I wonder if someone could colorize pics you do have using the color pics that are in your thread as a model, might give an idea what it will look like imo
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Ill have to look & see if i can fit that into a trip to havazoo for the poker run in april, just a thought if you dont find any other color photos of the boat I wonder if someone could colorize pics you do have using the color pics that are in your thread as a model, might give an idea what it will look like imo
I have no original photo's, I assume that they would need original's, the only pictures I have are ones that I have found on the internet. For as well know as this boat is, the documentation and photo's have been like looking for a needle in the haystack.
Thanks for the idea on colorizing the black and white's, if I find any I will have that done. I wonder if they can do it with picture off the internet?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talk to Sharkey? If he cant do something maybe he can point you in the right direction
Old 02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post # 72 a couple of pics from Top Banana (HORBA) a good view of the deck with some detail
Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

Thanks for the ideas!
Obviously the colors of the boat I can verify with the paint I have removed, I needed the shade of yellow from when it was Mona Luo 2 which I have from the gas cap and a few other spots having yellow on it and and the bare aluminum speaks for itself. The markings on the boat are what I am interested in verifying and any interior colors.
I wish I could find some detailed pictures of the engine installation, that would help alot!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

Default Engine install

Originally Posted by 1965 thunderbird
I wish I could find some detailed pictures of the engine installation, that would help alot!
of the gas turbines or the big blocks? I can get you a few installation photos of the gas turbine install
Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hornet Marine
of the gas turbines or the big blocks? I can get you a few installation photos of the gas turbine install
Any pics of any kind would be greatly appreciated, especially pic's of the turbine engine install!
My e-mai is [email protected]
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Wow! what a roller coaster ride i havent seen this thread in quite a while and decided to read it from the beginning last night. Great read till i hit post 129 , my heart stopped but i pressed on. Having been in the vintage restoration biz (pre war cars) for many years i can understand your frustration completely. Especially when dealing with a one of a kind and wanting to make it as (period) correct as possible. Good to see you were just illustrating a point. Jim we met several year ago at the first Bimini race, hope all goes well and i could tell by just chatting with you for that little bit that Thunderbird is in the right hands.

I have really enjoyed all the pics and historical info in this thread, cant wait to see it progress.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Any new PICS!

Quick Reply: 1965 turbine thunderbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.