6' Donzi Sportsman on Ebay

Notices

6' Donzi Sportsman on Ebay

Old 02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6' Donzi Sportsman on Ebay

posted on Donzi but wanted to get some old school input:

Clearly I have a problem, but I feel the unfulfilled need of a project boat and have been eyeballing this oldie...68 is my birth year and I will be 40 this may soo....

here is link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...E:B:EF:US:1120

Any thoughts here gang? I am not thinking of breaking any world speed records, but repowering as an inboard and making a kick ass cabin to sleep extra guests at my dock...and to use for a family/guest cruiser etc.

68' means she is most likely solid fiberglass and heavy heavy...what would you power her with for minimum noise and 40-45ish mph for family fun???

The thought of reworking her from inboard to arensons seems like more work than necessary for me needs...

is that possible? thoughts? suggestions??

Will try and see her in person tomorrow...
Old 02-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

Patrick, the link is not working, but I'm guessing it is Scott Pearson's boat. There is a lot of info on this boat on Donzi.net.
Good luck
Old 02-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 28' Donzi

I was interested also. Would try to keep boat as stock as possible. Engines are bb Fords don't know hp? Heavy lay-up would need torque to push it. Should be excellent in rough water. HIGH LIFE
Old 02-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by bluellama
Patrick, the link is not working, but I'm guessing it is Scott Pearson's boat. There is a lot of info on this boat on Donzi.net.
Good luck
thanks Steve - it took me a while to put 2 n 2 together as I was actually in contact w Scott on another boat.

I spoke with Scott and dug some stuff up on the boat and chances are good that I make a bid...

restless nights sleep ahead of me
Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

-------Scott is a real straight shooter. What ever he says about the boat you can take to the bank.........Bill S
Old 02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

So is there going to be another Donzi in the 1000 Islands this summer ???
Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

My brother has this 1972 28' Donzi, he has owned it for around 25+ years. It has had many engine packages in her, at one time a pair of 440 Chrysler's and ran about 42mph. I repowered her with a pair of 454 Chevy 350hp Crusaders, and now runs around 50mph. The Crusader vee drives have held up well, but you must grease the ujoints often. This boat is heavy for a 28' about 12000 pounds, but it will run in any water well. I have seen that white 28' for sale for some time, but if you can do the work it would make a nice project.
Attached Thumbnails 6' Donzi Sportsman on Ebay-donzi-28.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
My brother has this 1972 28' Donzi, he has owned it for around 25+ years. It has had many engine packages in her, at one time a pair of 440 Chrysler's and ran about 42mph. I repowered her with a pair of 454 Chevy 350hp Crusaders, and now runs around 50mph. The Crusader vee drives have held up well, but you must grease the ujoints often. This boat is heavy for a 28' about 12000 pounds, but it will run in any water well. I have seen that white 28' for sale for some time, but if you can do the work it would make a nice project.
thanks h2oboater - I would love to see more pics - especially of cockpit, cabin and engine bays...

here is oldie that I found
Attached Thumbnails 6' Donzi Sportsman on Ebay-untitled-truecolor-01.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

-------Bootdaddy,,,The picture you posted has the better looking windshield (made by Taylor-Made I think). The other one on the boat that just sold and the black one were, I think, optional. Possibly offered for extra height to keep the wind down to a dull roar......Bill S
Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by olredalert
-------Bootdaddy,,,The picture you posted has the better looking windshield (made by Taylor-Made I think). The other one on the boat that just sold and the black one were, I think, optional. Possibly offered for extra height to keep the wind down to a dull roar......Bill S
Interesting...I was thinking the non-round windshield was a replacement, but now that yo mention it, I have seen it on another as well. I love the round look personally.

What is the maximum possible power for this boat if keeping as inboard?

Quick Reply: 6' Donzi Sportsman on Ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.