Notices

Buzzi

Old 02-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

About the boat as he has said correct Ryan doesn't deal with a Buzzi but of a project of French Xavier Jaubert built in mixed Kevlar / carbon from the yards ACX for Didier Pironi. Long 41' and with a beam of 7'9" it was a very light boat, spoke of a little anymore of 2000 kg for the only hull, with the more' low relationship weight / power of that period.
It was very fast on the calm but very unstable one on the moved one.
However it was not only this problem to cause the accident during the 1987 Needles Trophy that it claimed the life of it whole crew,Pironi, Giroux and Guenard ,but a wave wrongly faced.
The same year the boat was in Key West but with the cockpit closed drove with another ex French F1 driver, Jean Pierre Jarier to its first experience in offshore.
Jarier also raced some competition in 1988, then the boat reappeared in the first years 90' with the cockpit in its original aspect and driven by Bernard Coustenoble and Pascal Villanova.
The engines Lamborghinis that also powered the Colibrì were of the V12s derived by those mounted on the Countach and that the World Champ Renato Della Valle mounted on for first on one of his 38' CUV to the Round the Britain race of the 1984.
Engines decidedly more light and powerful of the traditional American V8s however they delayed to win a world title that arrived only in 1993 with Ferretti.
The Motori Moderni/Alloni were instead of the 12 flat projected of the engineer Carlo Chiti.
Derived by the 12 Boxer Alfa Romeo that the same Chiti had planned in the sixties they were a sea version adapted by Alloni for the SDA Of Edward Polli a tin cat of 44' designed by Peter Birkett and built from the yards Codecasa of Viareggio in 1990 that it was not successful.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 02-23-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Black Tornado

I was under the impression that the Lamborghinis used for Offshore were from the industrial block fitted with new 4V heads and not the Countach? I have no first hand experience with them so it's more curiousity than anything.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Here the images of Colibrì with the Ego 41' CUV of Della Valle in 1987.
Third pic for SDA in the first version of 1990 powered with four Motori Moderni/Alloni.
Attached Thumbnails Buzzi-colibri_16.jpg   Buzzi-6-1.jpg   Buzzi-sda%25204%2520engined.jpg  

Old 02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Black Tornado

I was under the impression that the Lamborghinis used for Offshore were from the industrial block fitted with new 4V heads and not the Countach? I have no first hand experience with them so it's more curiousity than anything.
HabanaJoe,you are right in fact the first Lambo V12 marine the L800 had 2 valves for cylinder and not 4. Only in 1986 with the "small" L508s and L509B the heads had 24 valves each.
That 12V were structurally derived only from the 12V of the Countach not to fall in the typical error to directly put a terrestrial motor on a boat, with all the problems of transmission and propellers that then they involved.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 02-24-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Black Tornado - you are a text book!!!!!

I don't how you do it, but keep it up!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Registered

However for the precise statement also the Countach up to 1985 had on the V12s with 2 valves. Only from 1985 they started to have the new V12s to 4v.
The true difference between the Countach's v12s and those marine version was in the smaller number of rpm despite her almost doubled capacity. In fact the v12s of the Countach had a capacity of 4.754 cc there that they gave a maximum power of 375 hp to 7000 rpms, while the marine versions were of 7.973 cc with a power max of around 700 hp to 6000 rpms of the 1984.
This was the truth first footstep to do for converting a typical "terrestrial" engine to the good use in sea.
Naturally others and more secrets shrewdness were made for a engine to make reliable that had to suffer long pulls to the maximum regimes alternated by continuous and sudden decreases of rpms due to the conditions of the sea.
Besides everything this must be combines to the correct combination with the transmissions,stern drives,surface drives or other units, to avoid that this last collapse already after the first miles of a race.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 02-24-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Black tornado,, Did you ever heard about a 1986 CUV 40 or 41 aluminuim boat ,black and white ,called Trussardi parfums ?
I,ve bought the engine,s (BPM twin turbo,s)

I have had some info from an Englisch guy about this boat and engine,s ,and whas curious if you had some info to share ?

I know the engines where modified in Switzerland at Procar ,it would be nice if you can tell me some more .

thanks Stirling
Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Stirling,you have made a little bit confusion between the boats Trussardi.
That that was powered with the BPM/Procars was a CUV 38' mono built in 1986, the last 38' built by the CUV.
There were then the Alessandro Zodo's Trussardi CUV 38' of 1986 with the Marathon V8 and that it was the former 1983 Della Valle Ego and a Trussardi CUV 40' with the Isotta Fraschini Turbo Diesel of Damiano Spelta in the 1988.
The Trussardi of which you speak was a project of the Swiss Ugo Seges of the Procar that had modified some V8s BPM Vulcano 450 Ts.
The BPMs 450 Ts had the capacity of 5.843 ccs. to be able to upset the solution of the turbo. Originally the V8s BPM Vulcano they had the capacity of 7.982cc.
The power of the BPMs / Procar was of 850/900 hp to 5400 rpms and they had the block and the heads in aluminum.
The boat had two Mercury Stern Drives IV Super Speed Master on the stern.
That Trussardi Parfums #88 was driven only in the first two races of the season 1987 collecting two DNFs.
The crew was composed from Popo Giovio as driver, Walter Gnata as T-man, and Anton Wieland as navigator.
After that the project was abandoned and that 38' disappeared from the competitions.
About the BPM(Botta Puricelli Milano)Motori Marini e Industriali srl was founded in 1932 designing and building marine engines. Note,not converting terrestrial engines. In 1963 they started projecting their most famous engine the V8 Vulcano.
Originally the Vulcanos had 4 Weber(doppio corpo), or 8 Dall'Orto (mono corpo) carburators.
http://www.bpm-marine.it
Attached Thumbnails Buzzi-trussardi1987a.jpg   Buzzi-bpmvulcano450t.jpg   Buzzi-bpma.jpg  

Last edited by Black Tornado; 02-24-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for info

I bought the engines about 8 years ago,while not in the boat anymore,the drives where # 3 mercruisers (at the time I saw the boat)
nice things where : stainless trimcilinders on #3 drives,600 c kiekhaeffer tabs, full staggered engines, the exhaust were pionting upwards through holes into the engine hatch.

You are right about the volume of the engines,we measured them at +- 5,9 L ,and after speaking with MR Pasti from BMP marine ,we bought a set headgaskets for the smaller bore engines we had.

The work that was done to these engines is very nice,they made piston cooling ,by spraying 8 x oil to the bottem of the pistons,hot water spots/air pockets, where sucked away on top of the block,the sleeves where Nicasil plated on aluminium 15 mm thick sleeves that are o ringed in the bottem.

A lot of stuff is been used from Porsche,the distrubitor is 928 ,the wastegates are Porsche motorsport,but modified and watercooled, they used 2 x K jetronic units ,probably also 928 ,one for each turbo ,,but used only 1 unit for fuel ,the other was just for balance .

We used 1 of those engines in a 28 ft boat ,when my buddy,s BBC with blower was broken down,we decided to use one ,just to see what the engine would do.

We did not change gear ratio,propellor ,just the engine only ,and picked up 15 km/u

I have some picture,s here from the engines,like how we bought them ,and how we modified one now with a EFI Technology motormanagement system,but I can,t post here

If you want to see them you can pm me and I sent them to you .

thanks again for the info

stirling
Old 02-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Thanks for the precisation about the stern drives units. I had these information that I have given.
Speaking of the exhaust thatn were pointing upwards they are well to also notice in the photo that I have posted above.
Since I cannot have your email you can send something at the mine.
[email protected]

Last edited by Black Tornado; 02-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Buzzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.