Notices

Buzzi

Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem was that it seems that the Colibrì feathered upward him on the wave with the bow then to revert inverted similar to as it happened to Casiraghi three years later.
Then the rounded gunwhale probably was not conclusive in this case.
About the two or one ACX I will face the problem in the next days. After the knots of the cats of Polli.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACX Update 3

From a preview of the 1988 season.Make of it what you will.
Attached Thumbnails Buzzi-acx.jpg  
Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This seem to confirm only one ACX 41' built.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:26 AM
Registered

Default ACX Update 4

Another day,another search.

From the files.Ex-colibri,no canopy,painted as Colibri but no sponsors,raced by Jarier at Key West 87.
Red/white/blue,canopy boat trailed through St.Tropez 1988,and is commented that it is ex-Colibri.
Pic attached from 1990 St.Tropez.Still has canopy but note it appears there is a bolting flange around engine hatch/canopy so that it can be removed.Boat also shown racing in 1990 without this canopy/hatch module.Looks like the whole module could have been dropped over the open cockpit version as required.
Have not posted all the pics of above.Very time consuming.
I shall now lie down in the darkened room and await Black Tornado`s Codecasa`s findings.
Attached Thumbnails Buzzi-leader-1990-2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone with any ideas about what happend to the mouldings? I have these pics of something that looks to me like a prototype (plug)....

The nice thing about this topic, is that we`re gathering alot of info about this boat. During the 20 years that`s already gone bye, it looks like it`s about time to start collecting facts before it`s gone. Maybe I (or some of you guys?) should write a book about this boat?
If you`re on Facebook, there also a group called "Didier Pironi Facebook Fan Club". Most F1-fans, but also some "Colibri" things.
Sitting on more info? Let it come!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Registered

Default Some Colibri info

Attached is a report re Colbri crash.Note the CUV/turtle deck comments.Also cockpit post crash as in a french magazine.
Attached Thumbnails Buzzi-needles-report.jpg   Buzzi-colibri-cockpit.jpg  
Old 01-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

So if I read that right the front two crew were seated whilst the central rear position was standing. Odd set up. Thanks for the snippets of info Fish - got more?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

Default More Colibri pics

Here you are greedy guts.All seated,sir.
Attached Thumbnails Buzzi-colibri-1.jpg   Buzzi-colbri-2.jpg   Buzzi-colbri-3.jpg  

Old 01-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot to Flying fish and all you others for all the info and pics! I really appriciate it!
But I just wonder; is ACX still in buisness? And did they build any other boats?

I hope to take a trip to the museum in France soon to visit the "Colibri", and see it with my "own eyes" again. Not many offshore boats that ends it`s days on a museum...
Is the museum the owner of the boat today?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Johnny_Stingray;2789824]...But I just wonder; is ACX still in buisness? And did they build any other boats?...QUOTE]

I think Ateliers Composites Xavier Joubert does not exist anymore. Xavier Joubert went on to work for other companies. I read that ACX built a couple of high performance blowboats but I have never seen any pictures of them. ACX also produced some parts for the Train à Grande Vitesse.
Back to the 41'.
4, at least 3 were made and I think the white one in your post 55 is not a plug but one of them. As far as I know there were no molds.
A French boat dealer produced one very similar prototype with BPM power that should still be around St. Tropez. Would like to see a pic of that one.

Quick Reply: Buzzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.