Notices

My Resto Project

Old 02-24-2010, 07:27 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
It is very AMAZING !!!! Looks GREAT
I remember D-12 . You had a lot of success with that boat if memory serves me correctly .
Is it still around ?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
aex
Registered

Any pictures out there of my D-19 Chris Cat or my 35 Jag also D-19 American Express ?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
I remember D-12 . You had a lot of success with that boat if memory serves me correctly .
Is it still around ?
Her latest owner had her for sale here on OSO about a year ago. The Katech smallblocks are gone and she's a little ruff now. You are right we had a great run with her back in the 90's. It's nice to see the excellent work you have done to bring you cat back better than new !!!
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-e-express.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by aex
Any pictures out there of my D-19 Chris Cat or my 35 Jag also D-19 American Express ?
A million thanks to OSO member " BUGSY " for sending me two race programs featuring my Chris on the covers .
Your kindness is greatly appreciated . Jimmy
Old 03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
aex
Registered

Finally got some outside shots . All was good . They longboarded then 3 coats of Awlgrip primer .
Yesterday I pulled the boxes , drives , steering and engines out of hibernation .
Now to start rigging , I'm anxious to go forward .
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-aex-001.jpg   My Resto Project-aex-002.jpg   My Resto Project-aex-003.jpg  

My Resto Project-aex-004.jpg   My Resto Project-aex-005.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great what you gonna do on paint ?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
aex
Registered

Original livery just like my avatar , right down to the APBA sticker . I posted some old photos early on in this thread , check them out .
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
aex
Registered

The motors are torn down ! No surprises either .
The cams were marked 306/312 R12 4412 HO443 the other was marked SR262 1374 251-10 IG
RACE EMS 13-33-01 . I'm pretty sure these are Merc markings on the second cam . I am assuming the first one was replaced due to a lifter failure as we found evidence in the pan .
I am still seeking any info , wiring diagrams , parts books or manuals on the EFI systems and motors . If anything is out there please let me know .
These EFI systems have an ambient air temp input , throttle position sensor and a map sensor that appears to be inside the ecu housing . I'm pretty sure it's a batch fire system .
The engines ran fine and I've got some used spares for the FI from an OSO member , however I know I can fit new sensors or ecu's if necessary at some point .
We also pulled the ext. boxes , drives , and steering out of storage and have started dusting them off . ( I should have started this months ago )

Last edited by aex; 03-14-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:57 PM
aex
Registered

I just sent Herb Stotler an order for some engine parts .
http://stotlerracing.com/ , super guy , check him out .
Back in my day he throttled the 41 Apache " D15 Predator " with Ed Toth driving . We gave each other fits , they were a good team .
Anyway , today Herb is still racing , building motors , runs some really crazy exotic stuff , and manages a couple of teams . I'm pleased he has done well .
Presently I'm prepping the transom running gear/steering for installation and am starting on the cockpit .
This will keep me busy while I wait for JE to make and send Herb my pistons . It's a tough time of year to be ordering custom stuff .
Old 04-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lovin the resto, one day my Chris Cat will get fixed up and restored (more customized new school) but seeing people do work on these babies keeps me motivated to do mine soon! Keep up the great work.

Also how much weight do you think you have shaved out of this one?

Quick Reply: My Resto Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.