Notices

Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Sal & Dan ,will be sending those out today.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

Hey Bobcat, Just Got In.. Thanks Sal
Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along here?". I had alot of fun "back in the day" and still respect those that were there. Furthermore, one did not have to win to get my respect. There were and are giants in the sport. And, there are those who were not or never will be giants. It was incredibly satisfying to find a check point after many miles out of sight of land with only a whisky compass and a stopwatch and huge seas to contend with. Unfortunately, because we were out of sight, it was not spectator friendly. And, therefore, not sponsor friendly. But it sure was fun! Today, it is spectaror friendly and therefore, sponsor friendly. There were times when it took a hefty set of gonads. I firmly believe it takes a huge set of gonads to climb into one of the present day 150-200mph rigs...no matter what the water conditions or course. We saw guys get hurt and worse back then at well below 100mph. Since then there have been a quantum leaps in safety. But the potential to get hurt or worse is certainly still there. When we were or are young, we think we are bullet proof and invisible. As we get older, we realize we are neither. It was and is about Fun, Competition, Challenge, Notariety, Gonads, and Getting Laid. There is one thing that I don't remember much of from the old days that seems to be more prevalent now. June 2008 "Powerboat", (page #8), Greg Mansfield, Editors Report quotes John Haggin, "To me it's just giving back"...... I like that. - Steve Sirois
Old 05-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered

Smile

Very well put Steve, A couple of weeks ago when talking to Brownie,,,,,,,, He commented on how hard he raced against everyone,,,,,, But through today he feels that they are his closest friends That Big Damn Ocean has a way of Equalizing all of us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Old & New