Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is awesome,thanks for sharing that story
Old 08-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
Ian,

Are you around home this weekend? Would love to nip 'round and have a look at your 27 and the 28.

I'm up in Milton Keynes 'til next week.

Jeff
[I'm up in Milton Keynes 'til next week] Jeff No wonder your not answering your phone.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
[I'm up in Milton Keynes 'til next week] Jeff No wonder your not answering your phone.
Have you some lore of the lake to share?

Jeff
Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Always,,,, but it will wait.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
that was lester, he did a lot of stupid stuff. I remember sitting in a 2006 OPA race, And Billy Jr and I start talking. Then Sr comes over and remembers Ed Toth from Pred 41 apache and asks me to ask eddie to tell us all the story of the flare gun...well i convince Mr Martin Sr to share right then and there at the 06 drivers meeting with my family and Ed toth Jr. Back in the day when the 41s where all racing hard they had their fuel trucked in. All teams has pre orderd a certain amount. Well Island runner got theirs, Star chaser, fire water, warrior, then here comes lester in leathal Weapon and Tops off. Martin at that time was running the throttles for LEster. He told him to only get a certain amount. Well Lester did what lester always does and he Tops off all his tanks. Now here comes Ed in Predator. He goes to get his ordered amount and he comes up a bit short. Ed is steaming and the fuel man tells him its Lesters fault cause he got more then his share. Eds motors are high high compression injected jobs and he cant just stick 93 in to make up for it. Now all the boats are in the wet pits running getting ready to go mill. Ed walks down the dock and over to lester. Ed knowing the true sportsmen Martin is says the folling to MArtin in front of Lester. " Billy, If I run out of fuel cause Lester is a **** head, and you just happen to go by us, you duck cause i am going to shoot Lester in the head with the FLARE GUN"

and at that Billy grinned then laughed. THere are not many people out there like the Martins. We need more class like them in our sport.

Be safe, and keep the flare gun oiled and loaded
Lmao!!!