Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
US cats CUV pics wanted >

US cats CUV pics wanted

Notices

US cats CUV pics wanted

Old 08-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When in these days I have checked on Magazines Photos I have not seen Team France.
Sea Escape had it but it was lost among the other photos and only after I wrote on OSO I re-found it.
Reebok I had the strong suspicion that was the ex Saratoga but I wanted a confirmation.
Yanmar being the first SDA built by Codecasa for CUV I believe also goes to list CUV.
But where would it have raced? In Japan?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Yanmar being the first SDA built by Codecasa for CUV I believe also goes to list CUV.
But where would it have raced? In Japan?
at least Atami '93. I have a short portrait of that team on tape (from Japanese TV) in which they show pictures of that boat in the building process and Sugihara explaines but unfortunately my japanese is very, very elementary. I have an info sheet from Yanmar Europe somewhere. Will try to find it.

Last edited by olli; 08-11-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by olli
at least Atami '93. I have a short portrait of that team on tape (from Japanese TV) in which they show pictures of that boat in the building process and Sugihara explaines but unfortunately my japanese is very, very elementary. I have an info sheet from Yanmar Europe somewhere. Will try to find it.
Do you think it was a new boat expecially built for the Jap or the former SDA according to Graham?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll send some pics in, we had a 38' cougar that was Dirty laundry and was changed to Riveted, 1996 Open class SBI Champion, Boat went to Texas and became a pleasure boat. also had 42' CUV, started life as Ohio Steel then was Riveted and in 2001 went to Maryland to become a pleasure boat. I 'll post some pics
Old 08-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Registered

Many Thanks James!
I'm waiting for!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Do you think it was a new boat expecially built for the Jap or the former SDA according to Graham?
flying fish is the expert but yes, I think that it was built especially for Yanmar marine
Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

James is this the old cougar you refer to? (for sale in Texas) - although this is a 40'.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o23499-en.html
Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Littlenige - this could be the boat - but he has done a lot of work on the boat & trailer - We ran the boat with KE engines 900 's to get trohpy's - this boat is all shinned up to get trophy's in bikini's -

James
Old 08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

Default Yanmar Boat

Trawling through the fish files,a reference was made to the boat being ex-SDA,but on looking in a CUV 25th anniverary booklet it makes reference to the said craft as being M.Peters design in 1992,and SDA was P.Birkett designed.Both boats have same dimensions.Another red herring for the devotees to contend with.Also using the Inspector Marco`s patented magnifying glass ,it would appear there are dfferences in the aft end and gunwale detail,although it could have been modified but I doubt it.So lie easy in your bed tonight Inspector,Post 18 looks correct.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Approved and filed!
By now you also know how to use you my lenses Doc and that particulars that you have also noticed they made me perplexed. Also because in 1993 I believe that that aircraft carrier still belonged to the fleet of Polli.
This lengthens the list of the cats built from and on behalf of CUV to 24 certain.
Today I have started to see the fruits of the hard job in darkened room.
To days it will be ready the complete list at least to the 80%.
Now I go to sleep dreaming CUV from 36' ,38' ,40' ,42.'........a nightmare.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 08-12-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Quick Reply: US cats CUV pics wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.