Notices

Cristex?

Old 09-03-2023, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is digger1

I found this because I was searching for history on offshore racing in my hometown of Point Pleasant. What was disturbing is the similarities of the comments made by this digger guy/gal. I've met Gerard and I met Billy, I've seen the Cristex, and I was a machinist. But that's about it. My dad, Charlie Millwater was president of the Chamber of Commerce at the time, so I'm sure Gerard might have met him. Our town hosted the grand prix from the time it was the Hennessy grand prix. I met Gerard when a friend had some engine work done at his shop (PRE I believe). That's how I met Billy. I remember seeing the Cristex behind the building. Beautiful boat, open class I think. Always wondered what happened to that shop and the boat. Guess now I know. Thanks for clearing that up Gerard. But who's this digger person? And what's with the similarities? Creepy to say the least. Maybe a past acquaintance of mine? Weird...
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CRISTEX
Wow where to begin? I don't frequent these forums but was alerted to this post by old family friend Phil Lewis and felt obliged to set the record straight in honor of my late father George Christensen.

I find it incredulous that someone would take the time to contrive such a blatant load of B.S. and fantasies. It would be funny it wasn't sad. I feel sorry for you that you don't have a real life story of your own to tell. Do yourself a favor and seek help, it's not healthy to live that way. Get out of the house and accomplish something on your own. And keep in mind, it's much easier to remember the truth than it is a bunch of lies.

To the good folks of this forum I suggest if you want the real history you should rely solely on people of good character like Mr Phil Lewis who is a standup guy and was actually there back in the day to observe the day to day operations of these race teams including ours.
​​

Gerard Christensen
Engine Builder /Throttleman _ CRISTEX
I for one, appreciate you taking the time to come on OSO & share the history of Cristex & your family. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (09-04-2023)