Notices

Dirty Laundry Cougar

Old 01-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fobes
From what I have seen Joe Mach ran a 35' Cougar prior to the 42' CUV and then 50' CUV. On the Big Seas DVD about Cougar it shows the boat running but Rich comments that they couldn't seem to get it to run right. It was red white and blue, not all red like the CUV's. I will see if I can attach a picture later.
Matt
The last Time I saw it was Neworleans race ,probably close to when he got out? 1991-92

It was 4 engines red,prob the 50,theres a pick around the net of it perfectly straight up and it came back down, the average speed was 104. that was dragging a broke off drive.it was a ruff race.

I think I have a pick of it in the pits from that race

http://www.class1.worldoffshore.com/teams99/teams.htm
http://www.class1.worldoffshore.com/...avona/tech.htm

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 01-22-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Before the Cougar there were a couple 32' Skater named Dirty Laundry, Tommy Akoury throttled for Mach Before Hurley Stepp then Smitty Smith....
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (05-13-2024)
Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

smitty smith was a funny guy, I was talking to him at 94 kw, talked about him and joe mach, and I tend to talk a lot, so my wife said can you take him for a ride and he sad sure he can sit on my lap. he was throttling the yellow couger from canada I think a 38 footer, could be wrong. its sad he passed away too. that was when gentry rolled went in to a coma that sucked and passed away years later.I was talking to BOBBY MOORE the winning throttleman after the race in open class 94, I was happy that he won but we were sad about TOM , NOT KNOWING how he was doing.that was a good week of racing I think there was over a 100 boats.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fobes
From what I have seen Joe Mach ran a 35' Cougar prior to the 42' CUV and then 50' CUV. On the Big Seas DVD about Cougar it shows the boat running but Rich comments that they couldn't seem to get it to run right. It was red white and blue, not all red like the CUV's. I will see if I can attach a picture later.
Matt

It was a 36 and I bought the boat from Joe. I Sold it to the "rivited" guys from VA/MD area. Errol Linear was taking care of the boat the last time I saw it.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
smitty smith was a funny guy, I was talking to him at 94 kw, talked about him and joe mach, and I tend to talk a lot, so my wife said can you take him for a ride and he sad sure he can sit on my lap. he was throttling the yellow couger from canada I think a 38 footer, could be wrong. its sad he passed away too. that was when gentry rolled went in to a coma that sucked and passed away years later.I was talking to BOBBY MOORE the winning throttleman after the race in open class 94, I was happy that he won but we were sad about TOM , NOT KNOWING how he was doing.that was a good week of racing I think there was over a 100 boats.
I bumped into him in High Street, Southampton (UK) and he had time to chat to me - didn't know me from Adam but I guess he realised I was a fan. He was a gentleman. This pic from KW 94 - the time you speak of I think.
Attached Thumbnails Dirty Laundry Cougar-smitty-key-west.jpg  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Midocean: Do you have any pics of the boat. Have you seen the Big Seas footage of the boat running in big seas? That boat seems like it would make a great poker runner, how did it run for you?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

The old Riveted boat is in the Baltimore MD area.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

. 1
Attached Thumbnails Dirty Laundry Cougar-boat-popeyes2.jpg  

Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Big Time
Was there a "Dirty Laundry" boat that came after the Cougar? I'm pretty sure that my dad's old throttle man Tom Akoury throttled a Dirty Laundry boat but I thought is was a Skater?
http://www.niteimage.com/clubs/BlackDuck/RacingTeam.htm

Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The Cougar was last seen "Pleasurized" somewhere in Texas. The boat that is in Md/Va is the last CUV that Rivited had .....ex Ohio Steel....the green one.

Quick Reply: Dirty Laundry Cougar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.