Dirty Laundry Cougar >

Dirty Laundry Cougar

Notices

Dirty Laundry Cougar

Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Canada Homes as an earlier boat, with quarter canopies....
Old 02-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Canada Homes as an earlier boat, with quarter canopies....
i think they were the same hull, a apache cat with a jack stutiville deck rear extention.......
Old 02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
i think they were the same hull, a apache cat with a jack stutiville deck rear extention.......
Ryan is correct on what I was saying the boat I was referring to was the quarter canopy boat that Lorne Leibel and Bobby Idoni raced in 89
Old 02-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache041
This boat......is now this
Also once "Drambuie on Ice" just before Mr. V purchased it, he should know ! He also once owned a 41 Apache or may still have it. Originally a "Banner Boat" I do believe.

Last edited by I'CE; 02-23-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

sean, if you can find some pictures of the "89" wreck it looks like an all wood boat; at least the deck look's that way. any info/pic's guys ? -
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
smitty smith was a funny guy, I was talking to him at 94 kw, talked about him and joe mach, and I tend to talk a lot, so my wife said can you take him for a ride and he sad sure he can sit on my lap. he was throttling the yellow couger from canada I think a 38 footer, could be wrong. its sad he passed away too. that was when gentry rolled went in to a coma that sucked and passed away years later.I was talking to BOBBY MOORE the winning throttleman after the race in open class 94, I was happy that he won but we were sad about TOM , NOT KNOWING how he was doing.that was a good week of racing I think there was over a 100 boats.
Hi there...this is my first post but for good reason. I sometimes google my family to see what's happening around the net with them. Harold "Smitty" Smith was my cousin and when googling his name, I found this thread. I was very close to Cousin Smitty and have missed him tremendously these past years. It seems like just yesterday I was down at his shop in Palm Coast checking out the 50' Cat during an engine rebuild. Man was that thing fast!

It warms my heart to know Smitty is still thought about fondly within the sport. I've got some great old pics at home. I'll see if I can track them down, scan them in, and post them in the appropriate forum. I've got quite a few "top secret" images as well which, since the boat is now decommissioned, could probably be shared.

Gonna' go check out the rest of the community now. Take care folks!

Peace!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy
Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LzzrdBoy
Hi there...this is my first post but for good reason. I sometimes google my family to see what's happening around the net with them. Harold "Smitty" Smith was my cousin and when googling his name, I found this thread. I was very close to Cousin Smitty and have missed him tremendously these past years. It seems like just yesterday I was down at his shop in Palm Coast checking out the 50' Cat during an engine rebuild. Man was that thing fast!

It warms my heart to know Smitty is still thought about fondly within the sport. I've got some great old pics at home. I'll see if I can track them down, scan them in, and post them in the appropriate forum. I've got quite a few "top secret" images as well which, since the boat is now decommissioned, could probably be shared.

Gonna' go check out the rest of the community now. Take care folks!

Peace!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy

Welcome to the site and to our community.Pictures would be cool.
Rob
Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome Lzzrdboy, Smitty was a VERY Close Family Friend of ours, In fact my mom still has lunch with his Ex Wife every other week end. We'd love to see some pic's. Thanks....
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat Was Rivited And Then A Pleasure Boatin Texas . I Built Both. Errol Lanier
Old 10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
. 1
Strip, that is a great picture...Spirit of The Amazon, Circus, Circus, Powerboat Marine....Any one recognize the guy in blue shorts standing on white 40 Skater? I think that's Dykes' right hand guy Mike Mihalak.

Thats a great old school picture!

Quick Reply: Dirty Laundry Cougar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.