Notices

Predator Marine?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Marine?

I am looking at a Predator Mongoose 244 1990 model. Having a difficult time finding anything out about it. So here I am asking for any info. Thanks in advance
Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Dose your Predator look like this one if so it was built by the same builder here in Michigan. Jim also built boats by the names of Awesome, Lancer, & Dynamic marine.
Attached Thumbnails Predator Marine?-predator1.jpg  
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

Pretty similar. It is supposed to be a 90 model. Model name is the Mongoose 244. Boat is in Michigan and the people say it is supposed to be an Aero copy? It has a small block in it now with a bravo 1 and the trailer turn key for 5K. Am I nuts?Getting ready to send them a deposit any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default predator

looked at that boat over the internet through pics. that term "turn key" ??????? i wouldnt say this boat is turn key hell it has raw fiberglass showing on the sides from where he grounded out stress cracks and never repaired. not saying i think 5k is too much but def go look at it before you send a deposit. it is going to def need attention and is no way a turn key just my .02 if you give me an email ill send you the pics i got chris
Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

the fiberglass showing is from what I was told is where he had paint pop from cracks in the gel. they ground it off to fix the gel. I am looking for input. They are going to hold it for me unitl I drive the 5 hours to see it next week. Any advice I am really new to Performance boats. [email protected]
Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paston1
the fiberglass showing is from what I was told is where he had paint pop from cracks in the gel. they ground it off to fix the gel. I am looking for input. They are going to hold it for me unitl I drive the 5 hours to see it next week. Any advice I am really new to Performance boats. [email protected]
im OLD to preformance boats if its a bob metsler predator the crack is only the tip of the iceberg RUN FAST- RUN HARD -RUN AWAY!!!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered

I am getting the idea that these were kind of pieced together. I am going to look at a 1979 Carrera SS7M. How bout that boat?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paston1
I am getting the idea that these were kind of pieced together. I am going to look at a 1979 Carrera SS7M. How bout that boat?
Butch, this is your bag, your 24 was out of the water more than it was in you give us the color on humbertos boats?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 24' Carrera , I Feel, Is The Best Small V Bottom That Was Built. With A Single Big Block They Always Fly Straight And Land Right. I Had 2 Of Them And Never Had Stress Cracks, Delaminations Or Any Structural Damage. I Wish I Could Find Another.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered

Well as luck would have it the Predator and Carrera are only miles apart. I am going to look at both on Saturday the 4th. I will post some pics of both boats so all can see what I see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.