41' Corsa & Its Derivatives? >

41' Corsa & Its Derivatives?

Notices

41' Corsa & Its Derivatives?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 41' Corsa & Its Derivatives?

I'm wondering about the 41' Corsa, and what boats came from the same design. I spoke with Bob Bower about it some time ago, and he told me that he designed the 41' Corsa, then produced the 42' Sunbird from the same molds. I also heard recently that the 44' Tempest is virtually the same hull, which makes sense, because if memory serves me, Bob Bower and Harry Schoell collaborated on designs, and wasn't Harry Schoell the designer at Tempest?

This all brings me to my next question, what about the 38' Scorpion hull, such as Ocean Commotion? Looks very similar to the 41' Corsa too in my opinion.

Anyone care to weigh in and educate me? I'll betcha Brownie knows the answer to this one

Harry

Last edited by Cig35Mistress; 08-12-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Brain fart.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the Tempest was a 44', also the designer there was Adam (N)erdberg. He designed thier straight shaft drive.

I think Mirage is the same hull also.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right about Adam Erdberg and Tempest, I know he was and still is the President of Tempest Yachts, though I don't know if they are the same as Tempest Marine, building the large center console. For some reason, I thought it was a Harry Schoell design. I think where I may have gone astray, was remembering that Harry Schoell designed the 28' Magnum and Bob Bower splashed the bottom of that boat, and either he or Schoell tweaked it, and it became the 26' Corsa.

At any rate, I love the 41' Corsa, and I'm curious to know what others are derived from it!

Harry
Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

Tempest Marine and Tempest Yachts are (where) the same thing, they just don't build the smaller ones any more.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

Also My Father is Working with Harry Shoell these days, Not on boats though......
Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cig35Mistress: Would you by any chance know if Bob Bower (of Corsa fame) was in any way involved with (or knows about) a company called "B&B Racing Team"? I am trying to track down some info about a 40' offshore, so any info that you can provide would be most helpful. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The 26 Corsa Was Taken Off The Excaliber Bottom Which Was A 7 Ft Beam Same As Is The 27 Activator,,,, The 28 Magnum Is An 8 Ft Beam Boat ,,,Thats What John And Bob Bauer Told Me,,i Had 3,,26s
Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

44' Tempest came from the 41 Corsa and Simon only financed the deal, repo-ing everything in the end. The guy who designed and built the 44 was Reagan Davis and it all took place at the old PErformer Plant next to the Fort Lauderdale airport.

The 42 sunbird had nothing to do with the Corsa. The sunbird molds came from a popped Cigarette called "Diamond Don" that was build by the original Offshore Marine guys... Pete Vankirk(Dottie's Husband)...etc... The same company that eventually became Doller Offshore. All built at the shop behind Lester Diner. The 42 was stretched to 46 for another model. The company at that time was owned by a Doctor and his brother.

The 42 sunbird molds ended up back at offshore marine, being built as the Marathon 42... the molds were then leased to Don Smith who used them to build the awesome 42' Ocean Smith center console.

http://smithboats.com/

Bob Bowers bought the 46' Molds. I owned a triple dsl 46 called thumper at the time and he, along with a dentist from texas, bought that boat from me in 97 to use as a template to build new boats. (Corsas)
Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Also My Father is Working with Harry Shoell these days, Not on boats though......
What is your Dad's name?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
What is your Dad's name?

Brownie is FastDonzis Father. Fastdonzi & I Both worked for Performer (in Virginia) In Fact Fastdonzi Stll today works with one of the Guys who Owned Performer Back in the 80's-90's. He sold it to a Buisnessman in Va. Great Boats if you can find one, Very Little wood.

That Fastdonzi Guy can Make any boat go faster, He's a Genius with a straight edge, a Tape measure & a Square. I guess he learned allot from the Oldman..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.