Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums. >

Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums.

Notices

Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums.

I will put this in the general discussion, classic and Magnum forums for exposure. Would very much appreciate experiences from those that have owned them, run them, maintained them and overnighted on them. What did you like? What did you dislike? Specifically the 40 and 45 models, but I have seen some restored 38's that looked interesting. The 53 looks like the best layout, but I just don't see myself handling it solo by any stretch of the imagination. Arnesons would be the preference, but curious about the inboard versions as well.
Model years can be anywhere up to the early 1990's. My wife and 2 boys would be the primary users, but the idea of the kids having some friends tag along, or another couple would be something I would like to account for as well.

If you can think of other sites that have forums that would good resources, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was chief engineer there from 77 thru 81. Built the 53's and 45's. Great boats. Easy single handers.