Registration numbers/letters >

Registration numbers/letters

Notices

Registration numbers/letters

Old 02-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Registration numbers/letters

I know most of you folks that have old race boats and such and run them in your home waters. I take it you have to register them like a normal boat so how do you all display the sticker and numbers? I hate just throwing them on the bow when mine has never had them there before.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
I know most of you folks that have old race boats and such and run them in your home waters. I take it you have to register them like a normal boat so how do you all display the sticker and numbers? I hate just throwing them on the bow when mine has never had them there before.
Hi F_inscreenname

I've seen the numbers/stickers place on a narrow flat plate on both sides of it, and then hung on a life line or bow railing

thank you
jim
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey Jim
No bow rails to hang it from. I was thinking some sort of removable plate for the front deck like the numbers on the front fender of an old motorcycle. But I'm a little afraid that the registration wont be "permitted fixed to the hull" to satisfy Maryland DNR.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Hey Jim
No bow rails to hang it from. I was thinking some sort of removable plate for the front deck like the numbers on the front fender of an old motorcycle. But I'm a little afraid that the registration wont be "permitted fixed to the hull" to satisfy Maryland DNR.
On my old Scarab I had a plate fixed to the center deck rail. I had no problems here in Michigan with that display.
Attached Thumbnails Registration numbers/letters-scarab-kv-h2o.jpg   Registration numbers/letters-scarab-1-h2o.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
On my old Scarab I had a plate fixed to the center deck rail. I had no problems here in Michigan with that display.
yeah but it didnt leave the hoist that much-- and well the badge thing!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
yeah but it didnt leave the hoist that much-- and well the badge thing!!!!
I forgot about the badge & one bullet..
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by h2oboater

Nothing like classic lines.....that looks awesome
Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Why dont you document the boat --- that way you do not have to run numbers .... all you need is a state stickerAll but but two of my boats that I have had were documented , A very clean look...

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 426 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Why dont you document the boat --- that way you do not have to run numbers .... all you need is a state stickerAll but but two of my boats that I have had were documented , A very clean look...

Jim
I dont do that because the knucklehead DNR guys around here (Iowa) dont understand and you would get pulled over every time.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You can put a very quick stop to that by a complaint to the United States Coast guard ---They frown on any harasment of boats that are documented with the U.S. Government .... They
will be all over the DNR like white on rice !!!!!! I can attest to that on a personal basis ---- Had some local county mountie give me a bad time about one of my boats and they they came in and read the riot act to the chief ! NO MORE PROBLEMS.....

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.