Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
1970 Bertram Baron 28 Project >

1970 Bertram Baron 28 Project

Notices

1970 Bertram Baron 28 Project

Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the days when hardware was hardware not plastic great job keep up the great work its nice to see someone take pride and not make it all about dollars and cents
Old 03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the steering wheel original??
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Is the steering wheel original??
No,most of the interior and deck hardware has been changed or modified.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----I am one of several Detroit area guys that knew about and saw your Baron before you bought it. So,,,I can say that you have performed a near miracle with some degree of authority! With that said, being a car guy as well as a boater, I would call your Baron a restomod rather than a restoration due to all the beautiful modifications you have done. I really wish the boat was still in this area as I would love to see it in person. One of my best friends growing up had a new Baron with twin fords and I spent many, many hours in that boat over several summers. Unfortunatly, he treated his badly, but it was my introduction to big deep Vs. Barons are special!!!......Bill S
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered

I just read this thread and my admiration for your skills and the quality of your work is beyond words.

A truly magnificent effort, I can't wait to see and hear the video of the maiden voyage !
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Awesome!

Awesome boat. All I got to say, looks great. Quick question on your step pads. Are they chrome plated, polished aluminum, anodized ?

Thanks,

jeff
Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JPrusinows
Awesome boat. All I got to say, looks great. Quick question on your step pads. Are they chrome plated, polished aluminum, anodized ?

Thanks,

jeff
They are anodized but I did put them through my buffer to get them to shine a little more. Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

wow.... impressive
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Its been awhile since I've updated my progress. The outdrives have been dismantled cleaned painted and reassembled. All the internals looked like new so very little had to be done. All the needle bearings and seals were replaced along with the gimbal bearings and trim limit switches. New hydraulic lines throughout. Everything works great and the trim switches have been linked together so you can operated them separately or together with a common switch.
The entire bottom was stripped of all paint and any hairline cracks or blisters were repaired. It took a couple full days of sanding and grinding but it turned out great. It was finished off with four coats of Interlux VC Performance Epoxy and now looks like a brand new boat.
The next big move will be getting it back on the trailer. I'm hoping to get the engine started once I can get it out of the garage and put the hose to it.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.