Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
1980 36' cigarette mistress info could be yours >

1980 36' cigarette mistress info could be yours

Notices

1980 36' cigarette mistress info could be yours

Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a joke...Someone asked where it was now. found a pic of a sinking boat...as a joke..
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

We should have known this would happen when the title to the thread said "could be yours"
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

is this even really a Cigarette? Doesnt look right to me (rigging/interior/hardware), more like ??? with a Cig sticker. I thought the Mistress was a 35? At any rate buying this thing is about like buying a Cadillac Cimarron and expecting it to be worth something because its a Cadillac lol.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
is this even really a Cigarette? Doesnt look right to me (rigging/interior/hardware), more like ??? with a Cig sticker. I thought the Mistress was a 35? At any rate buying this thing is about like buying a Cadillac Cimarron and expecting it to be worth something because its a Cadillac lol.
Its a cigarette 36 widebeam.... they must have thought it was a mistress.... its not...
Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Default 36 Cigarette

Actually I think this is a cool boat. This is one of the 36's that had the windshield flow back into the back pad.Diferent deck than the old style 36.Check out where the fuel tanks are,If it had an under floor tank it must hold some serious fuel. I think alot of these were sold overseas. There was a Cigarette ad that featured a 36 like this one that looked pretty tough.Unfortunetly this boat probably will not get the restore it really needs unless somone REALLY has to have a 36.........With alot of $$$$$
Old 09-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by tom rockstroh
Actually I think this is a cool boat. This is one of the 36's that had the windshield flow back into the back pad.Diferent deck than the old style 36.Check out where the fuel tanks are,If it had an under floor tank it must hold some serious fuel. I think alot of these were sold overseas. There was a Cigarette ad that featured a 36 like this one that looked pretty tough.Unfortunetly this boat probably will not get the restore it really needs unless somone REALLY has to have a 36.........With alot of $$$$$
The 36 Cig and 41 Apache are the best riding boats I have ever been on, I am told my mistress is right there too but in the 60-s they dont show it as much as if they ran over 70 to get the stern up, rides amazing but slow......
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Registered

I thought I recognized the title of this thread but didn't realize which one it was until I went back to page 1 and reread the thread.
I got a great laugh out of this one then and again now.
Newbie purchases a boat at an auction which had been listed for 6 times what he paid for it so assumes its worth that much, but will gladly sell it to his newfound bro's at OSO for triple what he paid, and then gets butthurt when he finds out from experts it might not even be worth what he paid at auction, LOL!!!
I've had a line on a boat for over a year with a similar story that I wanted to buy for my son and his family but we can't get there on price.
His, like this guys too I'm sure, is still sitting on the trailer in the exact same condition with a little more exposure to the elements.
Maybe he'll chime back in with pic's of the work he did to her.
On my last reply to him here I thought he might have gotten the hint that the only way to see her with rose colored glasses is to make her a personal keeper and enjoy the affordability in which you got into the sport for less money than most would spend.

Originally Posted by huskyrider
We're all excited about your investment into the sport. But, I wouldn't expect a great return here. You should be damned proud to take her out on the open water and enjoy her as she was meant to be, or prepared move her at a much lesser asking price if you expect someone here to pay what you feel she's worth in the open market.
Personally, I'd like to see you post pic's of your restoration back to seaworthiness. Trust me on this, you can drop her in the drink well equipped for alot less than 90 percent of what most of the membership dropped on their's and have a really cool boat with 30+ years of history. This will place you in a very select crowd.
We all have sig's, yours can be "1980 Cigarette 36' Mistress"

GOOD LUCK

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 36 wide was a very interesting boat. They often had exquisite woodwork in the cabins that gave an
"orient express" look. Just add big power, and you have a 75 MPH wave crusher.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I really like the lines of the 36, their different. Looks like a big version of a 27' excalibur. How many we're made?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ChineWalker
I really like the lines of the 36, their different. Looks like a big version of a 27' excalibur. How many we're made?
I agree. The boats are true Cigarette's, but totally unique from the rest of the line up. I also agree with whoever said it'll never be worth what a topgun or "usual" Cig is. Doesn't change the fact that it looks very cool. If the price was ever reasonable, it'd be very fun to make a resto mod project out of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.