Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
First Boat Selection >

First Boat Selection

Notices

First Boat Selection

Old 04-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you pay 14k for that C~mate you are fine, you are getting the most boat for your money believe me, there quick with stock power, minor mods equal good results unlike other heavy boats, you will be fine towing this boat with your truck, they do have a tenancy to fly but I wouldn't worry sound slike you will be on smaller lakes with the exception of loto, and those boats have great lines, also unless you trash it that boat will always be worth 12k so you are not gonna lose a ton of money and may get lucky and not lose any, congrats
Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great choice, good things come to those who wait. You should be pleased with the performance of the Checkmate and be able to expand on it if you want to. Congrats and enjoy this boating season and make a plans list for the stuff you want to do in the off season.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Booked a survey (condition & Value) to check the hull for moisture, etc., and a local marine tech to do a compression test and run the drive through it's paces. Keeping my fingers crossed for no little devils I don't know about. Should be done by the end of this week. Then I can start thinking about names for her.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Officially a boat owner. Towed her home last night. Have some things to do maintenance wise, like new spark plugs (local marine shop broke two trying to do a compression test so I figure they have probably been in there a while), replace hoses (was told they look original), etc. Excited for it to warm up here a bit. No good pics because I towed it straight from storage to a buddy's who has storage in an extra garage. I'll post some pics when I get her on the water. Thanks again to everyone, you made this process a lot easier.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Glad the survey checked out...Im sure you will have ALOT of fun this summer!!