Race Boat "charge it" >

Race Boat "charge it"

Notices

Race Boat "charge it"

Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Boat "charge it"

My boss has an old plaque that was giving to him. It is made out of steel and brass and is a 3d boat. Boat name is "Charge it" m588. There is a sponsor on the back which is Structural Steel Inc. The plaque is signed by Paul D Wellington. I tried to Google this info but came up with nothing. Just wondering if anyone on here knows anything.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

The 27' Magnum sport? If so it was owned by several locals
and raced under several different names, OSO members
h2oboater and ironhead can give you all of the details.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by only1adrian
My boss has an old plaque that was giving to him. It is made out of steel and brass and is a 3d boat. Boat name is "Charge it" m588. There is a sponsor on the back which is Structural Steel Inc. The plaque is signed by Paul D Wellington. I tried to Google this info but came up with nothing. Just wondering if anyone on here knows anything.
structural steel went the way of many of business after 35 years and one of the largest steel fabricators and erectors in michigan closed, Bob is still around and boating at 78 years young in a cat that topps out at 80 mph the charge- it is now called "hot nuts" and was for sale on oso ,id love to see the plaque , put up a picture i might be able to stir up some more info from Bob.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Here is CHARGE IT!
Attached Thumbnails Race Boat "charge it"-mag-charge-h2o.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Registered

Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered

It's really cool that there is so much knowledge and history on this site. I have a weird fascination for learning about all these classic offshore race boats. I own a 26ft cruiser now cause I had my first child 3 years ago. I needed more room then what my other boat had cause boating is kind of a way of life for us (as in fri-sun religiously) and I couldn't afford to buy a big offshore. Needless to say after I found the classic section on OSO, I just fell in love with all of the lines on these older boats and hope to soon find a retired race boat with a little history that needs a little TLC. Thanks for the info guys, I do appreciate it.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ironhead
structural steel went the way of many of business after 35 years and one of the largest steel fabricators and erectors in michigan closed, Bob is still around and boating at 78 years young in a cat that topps out at 80 mph the charge- it is now called "hot nuts" and was for sale on oso ,id love to see the plaque , put up a picture i might be able to stir up some more info from Bob.
Rob,, The latest word on Bob's Mag is it was sold & went to Italy to a Magnum yacht owner.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

mike bennett i think had roger jarron make that both have left us, and boy those guys knew how to party, are you looking to sell it ??
Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Registered

It is not mine to sell but I would ask my boss on monday. Better yet shoot him an email. [email protected]
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is not mine to sell but I would ask my boss on monday. Better yet shoot him an email. [email protected]
Rob,,, Katech small world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.