Notices

Formula 302 Kaama

Old 02-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 393 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Good to know, what do you have for shafts? I have one short and one long. Would like to have two long so I can keep my prop options open!
Yes I have one good long used propshaft left if interested email me at [email protected] Thanks Dan
Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not sure how to attache pictures to this post. If you can give me your e-mail address, I can send them that way.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've PM'd it to you.....
Old 02-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

As a Kaama owner for nearly 25 years (and still love them) I will tell you to pick up parts wherever and whenever they come up! All the bearings and seals can be had at the local bearing house. The ujoint and related stuff is spicer. A good/specialty machine shop can do all the shafts, even the prop shaft, but material and machines necessary make it Very, very expensive, You can even have gears made, although I haven't needed them but once(matter of fact I think I got Archer's last +13% set?) I service mine regularly and rebuild every 2-3 years, and apart from an episode of ruining a prop seal, trashing a bearing and loosing the gear (that's why I got Archer's last gear set) several years ago, they have been bulletproof.

Housings are the thing to pick up whenever you can. I have the set on the boat and collected an entire working set of drives with transmissions (right down to the cavitation plates), that I keep in storage for spare if needed. I thought Conner Marine contemplated building them again.........Archer???
Old 02-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
did u just buy the ebay 302?
Yes I did looking for any and all info
Old 04-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Default Kaama service manual and boots

Originally Posted by showtime83
I have a Kaama equipped boat, not a formula though, could use some good boots maybe, a copy of a service manual, what other parts do you have? oh yeah, a couple twin disc 502s.
I have a factory kaama service manual mech drawings awesome book.......also I have new boots that I had made they are identical to original .....but not cheap they are 980.00 a pair email me if interested ([email protected] thanks matt
Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

How much power is a kaama good for?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 393 Likes on 143 Posts

600 HP is the rating I have a couple of customers that have put 700 HP but the trans is the week link
Originally Posted by korvetkeith
How much power is a kaama good for?
Old 10-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered

Hi, Im thinking of looking at a 85 302 Kaama. It has the original Kaama 454's 450hp. What should I be looking for on the drives or on the boat before I buy it
Old 10-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Like many other drives there's not alot "outside" that will tell you much. If the drives are not corroded, have the cavitation plates, spin smoothly when you turn them by hand (Move drives side to side), no leaks from shafts or trim cylinders, boots aren't cracked or have holes in them, lower unit lube is decent, props shafts do not wiggle, then likely your ok. The only super critical parts of these things are the housings and the gears. Gears are Casale, but they have a metric spline unique to Kaamas, so Vdrive gears won't work.

Everything else can be sourced from bearing vendors, or made by a well equipped machine shop. ALL the u-joints and drive plates are off the shelf Spicer stuff. Super easy to rebuild and maintain. Keep up the maintenance and boots and they're bulletproof.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.