mistress or kv scarab >

mistress or kv scarab

Notices

mistress or kv scarab

Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaama82
Tell him I said hi when you talk to him again.
Will let him know.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 28cigarettess
I just flush my engines on the hose for at least 15 minutes each. Then I rinse the boat down real well. Never really had a noticeable problem from salt in the motors. Just lucky I guess.
Thanks....Often wondered about longevity to engines and ocean use. My sport will run in the ocean and thought about CC, but maybe a salt water flush is all that's needed.

Back to the "mistress or kv scarab" topic,..on page 109 of "The Kings Of Thunderboat Row", Michael Aronow writes: "A little known story is that the Cigarette was supposed to have been used for the "Miami Vice" television series had it not been for Don vetoing the proposal: He didn't like what he perceived as the series executives' smug approach. and told them to "go find another boat."
Old 12-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I believe you're correct . Although I think Larry smith made a few staggard flat deck 38's. that's a boat I'd love to have.
If he did, the cockpit would have to be three man.
Not a lot of realestate to work with
Old 12-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
Thanks....Often wondered about longevity to engines and ocean use. My sport will run in the ocean and thought about CC, but maybe a salt water flush is all that's needed.

Back to the "mistress or kv scarab" topic,..on page 109 of "The Kings Of Thunderboat Row", Michael Aronow writes: "A little known story is that the Cigarette was supposed to have been used for the "Miami Vice" television series had it not been for Don vetoing the proposal: He didn't like what he perceived as the series executives' smug approach. and told them to "go find another boat."
Wonder if that was before or after the first approach to Wellcraft.
When they were initially approached for the pilot, Wellcraft had to decline. Scarab orders were high and they couldn't come up with two for the show.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
down the track...

sorry to bring up dead thread but thouoght you guys would like update on my go fast quest. Here I am now, got a deposit down on an old cig mistress and am now really regretting it!!!!
I figured that the classic lines and charm of the cig (teak interior glass windscreen model) are a bit classier and have already stood the test of over 30 years.
Also being driven mainly by aesthetics I think the mistress has a slightly lower freeboard/stern and somehow has look sitting in the water the scarab just dont.
But now seeing pics of scarabs on the FB page and whatnot, man they are a shameless relic and while not to everyones taste they have such a presence and are a timewarp of the 80's. Im realising now that I really need to go and see these monsters in real life as I never have and they dont exist at my neck of the woods
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

You will not regret buying a Mistress.... Trust me
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been close to both.. a 38KV MV resided over a winter in my garage by my friend and another one has a Mistress. Like them both and stylewise must say I'm a bit inclined to a 38KV/ LS Scarab even compared to an Apache41 somehow, thenagain a 37,6 Hawk / Flatdeck/TG or a 39 Squadron XII is also high up there....they are all so close. One thing that is a personal no-no nowadays for me is side by side engines... they are a pain in the butt to work on unless you get paid for it...
Old 04-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
I've been close to both.. a 38KV MV resided over a winter in my garage by my friend and another one has a Mistress. Like them both and stylewise must say I'm a bit inclined to a 38KV/ LS Scarab even compared to an Apache41 somehow, thenagain a 37,6 Hawk / Flatdeck/TG or a 39 Squadron XII is also high up there....they are all so close. One thing that is a personal no-no nowadays for me is side by side engines... they are a pain in the butt to work on unless you get paid for it...
I don't have the skill set to wrench anything I care about myself. Both the previous Bertram comp and the current Mirage are both staggered motor boats. There is a nice amount of room to move around in the engine room. However remember that space has to come from somewhere....ie: the cockpit. The Mirage is a 3 stand and he Bertram was a five it's not everyone's cup of tea......girls find it especially confusing.
Not to mention are there many 35 Mistress's around with staggered motors? just something to think about.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this the scarab to own .staggered larry smith boat that's still in excellent shape , world and national champ......and yes it's for sale
Attached Thumbnails mistress or kv scarab-img_1117.jpg   mistress or kv scarab-img_1122.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I don't have the skill set to wrench anything I care about myself. Both the previous Bertram comp and the current Mirage are both staggered motor boats. There is a nice amount of room to move around in the engine room. However remember that space has to come from somewhere....ie: the cockpit. The Mirage is a 3 stand and he Bertram was a five it's not everyone's cup of tea......girls find it especially confusing.
Not to mention are there many 35 Mistress's around with staggered motors? just something to think about.
Luckily one good thing is someone made a huge one piece hatch for my Mistress, I have TONS of room to wrench, thats real nice... the scarba has same hatch style as mistress I believe side to side ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.