New member- 87 IMP Restoration

Notices

New member- 87 IMP Restoration

Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Registered
Gold Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good! Any Idea where I can find the black plastic trim that goes across the bottom of the windshield to cover the screws up. Seems like most boats in the 1980"s had the same type trim. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Healingbarn here's the best place I know of. They told me they could replicate what I have so I'm sure they could work for your bajjjjjjja.
Taylor Made Systems - Windshields
***new update*** Lifeform (6's) blue's with the blue bezels thanks to Mike Diamond @ Combatzone are on their way! Wahoo! Thanks Mike! They will be taking place of the old mercathodes which are mounted in perfect form on both sides of the drive about 10" from the water line. As my boat doesn't usually stay in the water for more than a day or a full night so it shouldn't pose a problem. The Lifeform's will compliment the interior's Blue LED's just under the gunnel's and throughout the cabin with style.

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 05-24-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered
Gold Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Hey Healingbarn here's the best place I know of. They told me they could replicate what I have so I'm sure they could work for your bajjjjjjja.
Taylor Made Systems - Windshields
***new update*** Lifeform (6's) blue's with the blue bezels thanks to Mike Diamond @ Combatzone are on their way! Wahoo! Thanks Mike! They will be taking place of the old mercathodes which are mounted in perfect form on both sides of the drive about 10" from the water line. As my boat doesn't usually stay in the water for more than a day or a full night so it shouldn't pose a problem. The Lifeform's will compliment the interior's Blue LED's just under the gunnel's and throughout the cabin with style.

Thanks for tho Help. Have a Awesome Weekend !
Old 05-26-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered

Default lifeform

These will head out your way next week. Thanks again Dave, project looks great!
Attached Thumbnails New member- 87 IMP Restoration-imag0691led.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered

That's a lot of work there. I have an 89 25.5 with a 540 in it and bravo HP it is red and black, I have been dumping money in it for almost 15 years now. So I feel your pain..lol. I boat in Lake Michigan mostly, and a couple of other inland lakes. Really enjoyed you post though, good reading.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigWetDog
That's a lot of work there. I have an 89 25.5 with a 540 in it and bravo HP it is red and black, I have been dumping money in it for almost 15 years now. So I feel your pain..lol. I boat in Lake Michigan mostly, and a couple of other inland lakes. Really enjoyed you post though, good reading.
Thanks for the Comments- My dad has one exactly like mine that we will be rebuilding from the hull up! I'd really like to see more of yours! Interested really in the different setups "Interior" these boats came with and what kind of setup you have Prop wise. Im running Built 454/Stellings with TRS and 4 Blade Spinelli 24P (wish the ole man was still in business) but i have read that some prefer the 3-blade over the 4 on TRS's? I have another Friend local that has a Red/White w/ the captain style seating and another Teal and Black with a 502- which I had the chance to wax him before I started my Resto. haha Thanks for posting!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Registered

Here are a few passes with the old setup running low 70's. Sorry about the second one with the sound but if you pause it quickly you can see the tach running 6500 and the speedo is not reading correctly The GPS will be in there for next year as well as a new TRS Nose cone and a different wheel.
IMP eleganza - YouTube
IMP eleganza #2 - YouTube
Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Registered

Would love to show ya pics, but can't load them off my phone. My boat did come with a wing on it, one of the first things to go...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigWetDog
Would love to show ya pics, but can't load them off my phone. My boat did come with a wing on it, one of the first things to go...
Send them to krausmotorsports@ hotmail.com love to see em! My dads IMP also had the wing. Blahh cool in the 80's that's about it! We're you able to repair the original mounting holes for the wing?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

I'm curious what all kind of setup were you running with your motor. I took mine out Memorial weekend and she started knocking so it looks like I'm pulling it after all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.