Notices

Boat history

Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The reason it has a Florida issued title and not a Signature is because in was finished after his untimely death. I also understand that the 27 was a splash from his Magnum...Brownie would know.Bud
Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I always thought it was a 27 Magnum hull.
Splashed off his "Miss America" 27 Magnum Sport he raced.
Right you are. Here is a story that I have told before. At the 1976 Charley's Crab St Clair River race Tom showed up with his first 27' Signature that is in this pic. This hull was his Mag sport with it's new deck & still with the Volvo E drives he raced the Magnum with. When I ask why it had a Magnum Vin # he walk away.
Attached Thumbnails Boat history-signature-27-f-e.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gttdnbman
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506653[/ATTACH
It's been a long 4 year project but have been very happy with it, it has been a great first summer using it.
Was This the Signature that had the Ford SHO V 6 car engines in it ?? IF it is you did a GREAT restoration.. As far as this boats history when I ask my friend Bob Sheer [ who had a past life with that kind of boat ] about the large deck hatches his answer,, NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WERE FOR. What he did tell me was that the lift strakes may have been wider than a Magnum for more lift when carrying heavy loads.
Attached Thumbnails Boat history-signature-dsc02897.jpg   Boat history-signature-dsc02895.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506796[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by h2oboater
Was This the Signature that had the Ford SHO V 6 car engines in it ?? IF it is you did a GREAT restoration.. As far as this boats history when I ask my friend Bob Sheer [ who had a past life with that kind of boat ] about the large deck hatches his answer,, NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WERE FOR. What he did tell me was that the lift strakes may have been wider than a Magnum for more lift when carrying heavy loads.
Had to fix the rotated picture. The boat dosent even look like a Signature with the picture rotated correct.
Attached Thumbnails Boat history-sig.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Right you are. Here is a story that I have told before. At the 1976 Charley's Crab St Clair River race Tom showed up with his first 27' Signature that is in this pic. This hull was his Mag sport with it's new deck & still with the Volvo E drives he raced the Magnum with. When I ask why it had a Magnum Vin # he walk away.
The best part of that add was Val his teenage wife lying on the deck!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From my research on Signature boats Tommy made two types of boats, just like Mark said. One for racing, the other for carrying.
Also from what I gathered he was killed because he was an informant for the government. That was found out by his killers when they ripped the gold chain and object he wore around his neck and they discovered it was something besides jewelry.
Bob and I still have the blue Signature that was in Chicago that is now down in Florida waiting to get started on. Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 08-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the 45' Signature Mold from the estate of Bernie Gonzalez. The boat had a crazy 27 degree deadrise. Here is a doc that features Bernie's assassination and from the air you can see the mold in front of his shop.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 08-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

wow that is an assume vid thanks for sharing...
Old 08-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H2O, That is the same boat! I did move the cockpit forward about a foot to have more room. I also added the windshield because the previous owner had totally removed the dash so there was nothing. MidOcean thanks for sharing that video, just like a movie! Do you think I could find a name to who ever titled my boat? Someone had to aply for it. LOTOWONTOPGUN I did call that guy with the 27' molds but he has [ATTACH=CONFIG]506837[/ATTACH]not returned my call. Do you think that there is only one mold? or could there be more?
Attached Thumbnails Boat history-pictures-015.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve-
The best part of spending time at the Signature Building on 188th as a teenager was Val's identical twin sister Penny who worked for Tommy in the front office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.