Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
what is the best 24footer and 27 footer ever built? >

what is the best 24footer and 27 footer ever built?

Notices

what is the best 24footer and 27 footer ever built?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw a bunch of race boats close up before long beach race on li.. I was surprised how rough they look close up.. Almost all had heavy stress cracks..,wrap and decals hide alot...
Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on guys the Magnum unconditionally was the best 27 ever made...which hull was copied by everyone else. The one that was better than the most produce was the 10-27s first made by Don. He did not like the high sides and cut them down that is the Magnum we know today. I will try and post a picture. Bud
Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Choosing between a 24x7 hull and the Formula 233, I'm picking the formula any day. Lots are re-done as CC's with single and twins. Flared bow for a dry ride. In the flat and 18" or less of chop, a 24x7 is going to be faster. Everything else, the formula will ride better and dryer.

By the way ratman, those Sonics are cool, but check the transom where it meets the hull on the inside. I PROMISE you will find major stress cracking. The transom was never reinforced and so the weight of twins really did a number on them. Unless it has been redone, every 24 has those cracks. With that being said... They are fast, dry and definitely a drivers boat. They get loose up top.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That is a beauty! A couple of years ago I was anchored in the center console and saw one buzzing along (very close, it was a genuine cigarette) Those small Cigarettes are extra nice!
post some pictures of yours Ed
how did the fix come out after the tree mishap
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cig20
x2 ...Been meaning to ask you how it went with the post Sandy FireFox repair.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

The original, 1967 Nova Marine 24.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
Choosing between a 24x7 hull and the Formula 233, I'm picking the formula any day. Lots are re-done as CC's with single and twins. Flared bow for a dry ride. In the flat and 18" or less of chop, a 24x7 is going to be faster. Everything else, the formula will ride better and dryer.

By the way ratman, those Sonics are cool, but check the transom where it meets the hull on the inside. I PROMISE you will find major stress cracking. The transom was never reinforced and so the weight of twins really did a number on them. Unless it has been redone, every 24 has those cracks. With that being said... They are fast, dry and definitely a drivers boat. They get loose up top.
if mine is this boat described below, all that has been addressed. i do glass work, painting, whatever needs to be done, i will teach a colombian how to grind fiberglass and do the transom knee install myself, after the chit grinding work is finished lol

"Eric Froberg had an identical boat. It used to belong to Claud Tubiana of Plantation Key. The boat was payment by Sonic for the use of his 38' Coyote to pop the mold that became the 33' and up. The last time I saw it she was upside down in Eric's Shop - around 1996. I don't know of two flush mount 24's unless someone cut up a sport deck. This boat was set up for a single. All the other CC's were rigged with Gil brackets."
Old 08-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
The original, 1967 Nova Marine 24.
i searched for novas also, couldn't find a single boat for sale....
Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by machloosy

what are the main differences between the 24x7s and the 233 formula? is the formula 8 ft wide? thx for the info, rm
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
x2 ...Been meaning to ask you how it went with the post Sandy FireFox repair.

Cheers,

Dave
Originally Posted by cig20
The saga is in the hands of my lawyer, we shall see. Tick Tock.
The Cigarette was looked at by (Who I consider the top guy in the area) And he said coaming damage. He also said the boat is built incredibly strong. Have a few people on OSO and locally interested in purchasing as is. Couple interesting trade offers (Almost new Harley Electra Glide) and so on. Yes, it is a rare, high hp, #3SSM Cigarette and comes with a cord of firewood. LOL!
Love those small Cigarettes.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-29-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.