do you think this is a good deal on a manta 32 cc

Notices

do you think this is a good deal on a manta 32 cc

Old 08-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default do you think this is a good deal on a manta 32 cc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/32-Fo...exp=true#v4-39

just worked a deal on this from the seller after he had no takers on the ebay auction, its in maryland where i grew up, so winters coming fast. lol 25k is what we worked out.

i bought a pair of evinrude 1999 200 hp engines with 150 hours on them the other day. i think i might sell the carbed 300s for the sake of fuel efficiency. he stated it will go over 70mph with the 300s what do you think it would do with a pair of 200s on it?

is this a splash of a cig hull?

he said only a hand full of these boats were made, quote from his ebay add. ".Most people only know Manta Boats from their Catamaran racers which top $300,000. There were less than 10 of these 32 foot center console made from the molds. Folks look at the sharp chine lines and can tell this is a limited production boat- the marina owner at South Shore- who has done the restoration- states the hull is better than the Scarabs and Donzis for sturdiness- 2 1/2 inch think hull!"

do molds get rounded edges on them after a lot of boats have been made in the molds?

thx for any input or advice on this manta 32. rm
Old 08-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

I don't know about Manta's but I would personally run the boat with the 300's stateside if at all possible. I know a few boats that were running 200 or 225's and always labored -bump them up in power and the boat came alive and didn't need to be as far into the throttles to cruise.

Ran an Ocean Hawk w/ 300's and it was nice all round boat with nice get up and go. Popped up on plane good and quick and you could back of the throttles and -feather your cruise. The same boat with 275 Verado's cruise @ 45 and tops out @ 58mph.

With 200's it will be a lot less as I see it.

A plus with the bigger power you have more top end to get in off the ocean when you have to in a hurry!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
I don't know about Manta's but I would personally run the boat with the 300's stateside if at all possible. I know a few boats that were running 200 or 225's and always labored -bump them up in power and the boat came alive and didn't need to be as far into the throttles to cruise.

Ran an Ocean Hawk w/ 300's and it was nice all round boat with nice get up and go. Popped up on plane good and quick and you could back of the throttles and -feather your cruise. The same boat with 275 Verado's cruise @ 45 and tops out @ 58mph.

With 200's it will be a lot less as I see it.

A plus with the bigger power you have more top end to get in off the ocean when you have to in a hurry!
i have heard people say the 300 carb evinrude are very thirsty and fuel is like 5 bucks a gallon here for regular... im shipping it to c olombia to hual clients workers and building material to an island hotel i am building about 15 miles off teh coast of colombia. i guess with a 32 i can haul a lot more chit and there make fewer trips....rm

ps: a trick charlie mcarthey showed me when we went out in my cig mistress one day, is when you want to get a big heavy deep v on plane throw it into a turn and lay the hull over on its side the boat will come up on plane MUCH quicker than trying to dig that deep v out of the water going straight ahead...rm
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
trick charlie mcarthey showed me when we went out in my cig mistress one day, is when you want to get a big heavy deep v on plane throw it into a turn and lay the hull over on its side the boat will come up on plane MUCH quicker than trying to dig that deep v out of the water going straight ahead...rm
I had a gentleman show me that too - passing the torch so to speak. We were coming out of the channel and he leaned the boat right over towards a pair of sea doo's coming up from the stern wanting to jump his wake. The 2 on the Sea doo's probably will not forget that trick either - LOL
Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That Manta looks like a splash of a Scarab, it is a nice boat, they build good stuff. Growing up we had a 16' Manta that was a splash of a 16' Donzi with a different deck. we gave that boat He!! and it survived. my sister stuffed it in Haulover cut bad enough it took the windshield off :0, we would jump sportfish wakes and be eye to eye with the people in the crows nest .. Manta makes good boats. If I where you I'd consider it, It's one of the better ones you've looked at lately...
Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
That Manta looks like a splash of a Scarab, it is a nice boat, they build good stuff. Growing up we had a 16' Manta that was a splash of a 16' Donzi with a different deck. we gave that boat He!! and it survived. my sister stuffed it in Haulover cut bad enough it took the windshield off :0, we would jump sportfish wakes and be eye to eye with the people in the crows nest .. Manta makes good boats. If I where you I'd consider it, It's one of the better ones you've looked at lately...
that carrera looked like a sweet ride too bad it sold it was only 15k... the only think i worry about with the manta is the fuel consumption... like a stated, i may rig it with the 200 just during the construction phase of the hotel project then stick the 300s back on it.

i plan to run two boats when the hotel is open.. one to and from cartagena and one to and from tolu.. the leave in the am to the island and return at dusk, its 35 mins from tolu and an hour and twenty to cartagena...
Old 08-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

fastdonzi, do you think the manta is a better quality build than the scarab? there are a lot used scarab cc boats for sale for about 10k less... thx, rm
Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Possibly, Scarabs where production boats where a big crew built them (production line stuff). Whereas Manta was a small group of guys building one boat at a time. Sometimes there's a difference.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome boat and very rare...They take tremendous beating....i would go with this one.... built by very talented people that ruled their class in the racing circuit. Best boat you have shown us....
Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Molds need work here and there but as far as rounding off radiuses, No.