i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc >

i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc

Notices

i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc

Old 09-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default i ended up buying the 89 32ft manta cc

the second and first owners were anal about the boat, im the third owner. it was warehouse stored for ten years. has 150 hours on the original engines, and 6 on a rebuild power head on one eng.

i paid 25k for it. i plan to install a pair of suzuki 250 or 300hp 4ts on it middle of next year or sooner if i can find a deal on some left over engines in dec. here is a link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/32-Fo...exp=true#v4-39
Old 09-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you really buy this boat for that much? Are you still looking at the 24 Donzi?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

Congrat's on getting a boat. She looks like it's been kept.

I know it had to be double the difficulty in deciding what boat to choose while always having to contend with the logistics of shipping any boat to Columbia
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Did you really buy this boat for that much? Are you still looking at the 24 Donzi?
man i looked at every boat on boat trader, craigs list, and ebay for the better part of a month. i know the engines are older, but they are in good shape one with a new power head. the owner bent over back wards helping me get it ready to ship, removing the electronic to ups to me, removing the hard top and mounting it on the front of the trailer. im 3k miles away. he even got a dude to tow it to the port of baltimore for shipping it here to colombia...
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Congrat's on getting a boat. She looks like it's been kept.

I know it had to be double the difficulty in deciding what boat to choose while always having to contend with the logistics of shipping any boat to Columbia
the shipping turned out to be very easy, 6k to cartagena in 5 days time....
Old 09-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

I know you've been researching the boat market long and hard asking alot of questions of many here...........looks like you ended up with a very nice boat......Good luck to you!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scippy
I know you've been researching the boat market long and hard asking alot of questions of many here...........looks like you ended up with a very nice boat......Good luck to you!
i think it will serve it's purpose as a work horse hauling people and building supplies to our hotel for years to come.

i hope to buy a pair of 250 or 300 hp suzuki outboards for it inside of a year. the boat was owned by two old guys that rarely used it. only 150 hours on the original engines, means it only had 6 hours a year put on it.

being a factory rigged manta im sure it runs out sweet!

thx guys, for answering all the various question i put out there on the different boats ive been looking at...rm
Old 09-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ratman, I would look long and hard at BRP Etecs instead of the Suzuki's. Ive recently done a couple of deals with boats each having 225hp four stroke Yamis. Had trouble with both of them, each with relatively low hours. High costs for servicing compared with the Etecs.

Good luck with the new boat.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
yes, i bought a pair of evinrude 200s, im looking for a donzi or other 24ft hull to put them on...rm
Old 09-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smoking Joe
Hey Ratman, I would look long and hard at BRP Etecs instead of the Suzuki's. Ive recently done a couple of deals with boats each having 225hp four stroke Yamis. Had trouble with both of them, each with relatively low hours. High costs for servicing compared with the Etecs.

Good luck with the new boat.
joe there is zero support here for mercury products, there is yamaha and suzuki, suzuki has better support. i have seen a few pairs of used low hour verados, for cheap...who makes brp engines? thx, rm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.