donzi sweet 16 sporter on ebay with 4ft alum fins on the bottom??? wtf >

donzi sweet 16 sporter on ebay with 4ft alum fins on the bottom??? wtf

Notices

donzi sweet 16 sporter on ebay with 4ft alum fins on the bottom??? wtf

Old 09-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
what works for one doen not work for another....you raise the center of gravity on a sixteen and your going to get all kinds of chine walking....that boat is hard enough to drive with the volvo in its current location.. the boat will also over heat,,you can get away with it on your magnum because for one itas a bigger boat and for two with a twin the water pick up is in a different loccation unless you added lwp's..
my buddies run like its on rails with an alpha drive and 355 sbc it will run in the high 70s. he had a boat repair business in lauderdale that repaired sunken boat and fire jobs on large yachts, he rigged the 1st time, and it was all over the place, so he raised the x 3 times til the boat ran straight as an arrow...
Old 09-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You app know more then alot of us
John jr
Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Yeah but you missed the point altogether!!! Once again 3 TIMES LOL.Has nothing to do with you questions in your previous posts.or quick fix. I think my Son is correct.You must know more than a lot of us.But!! in another thread you are asking if you can put two outboards on a 18 Mantra Start building boats. Seems like you have all the knowledge.Most of the answers.LOLI would start the first boat as a18 footer with twin mercs and fins on the bottom.LOL JOHN SR

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-15-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

john i didn't ,miss your point the first, second, or third time!, i didn't rig my friends sweet 16...neither did he, his workers did, he has a 65 and 35ft sport fish in cartagena. both of those boats are in immaculate condition. he evidently wasnt one to halfazz things. somethings are hit or miss. i could be the village idiot and take one look at those ridiculous fins and know that is someones schlep engineering bs

i thought i would throw the manta twins question out there, there are a few small boats like it on scream and fly rigged with twins... but then again, everything i own is over powered. lol like the 48 anglia im building with a 900hp blower motor...
Old 09-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

What ever !!So then he paid his workers three times to do what the fins would of did the first time at a cost of about 200 bucks Nice!!Guess you one upped me, mine anglia only has 875 HP.LOL
Old 09-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
What ever !!So then he paid his workers three times to do what the fins would of did the first time at a cost of about 200 bucks Nice!!Guess you one upped me, mine anglia only has 875 HP.LOL
you have got to be f ing kidding me, you still think those ridiculous fins are the correct answer to a handling problem? unbelievable! feel free to mount a pair on your boat... lmfao you and this idiot that owns the sweet 16 can start a finned boat club...

i have looked a over 9,000 boats for sale over the last month or so, ebay, boat trader, craigs list, ect, yet this is the ONLY boat sporting a pair of these high tech fins! i digress, you and the donzi owner are right, every other boat owner is clueless on how PROPERLY set a boat up to ride out straight, my bad for ever questioning his incredible engineering skills...please accept my humble apology..im out...rm

Last edited by ratman; 09-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Like I said before if it fixed the problem I would.1987 Chris Craft stingers were very unstable at higher speed so to make them safer they added 175 LBS of sand in the bow and glassed it in.They didn't re-engineer the bottom they did a quick fixe and it worked.Fountain guys found out in some 32 fevers150LB of sand in bow makes them run better they didn't sell the boat they found out how to correct it and went boating quick fix.But I guess you haven't figured out anything because you have looked at 9000 boats.LOL I don't have time to widow shop I get my problem solved and go boating.Give me a break.Or maybe you should give up on boats and become a Realtor in Maryland because you also seem to know the best place to live.LOL JOHN SR

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-15-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed Rails (Smart Rails & Fast Rails)...who knew???

"Speed Rail is another product invented by us(Ocke Mannerfelt who invented the BatBoat also invented speed rails). It is a 3 foot long aluminium profil that fits the running strakes of the boat (of any boat actually).

Whereas normal spray rails deflects water horizontally away from the boat, creating friction and drag, the Speed Rail deflects water downward to further enchance lift, speed and fuel economy.

It also helps stability in both tracking and turning. The device is used on many European offshore raceboats.

Speed Rail have won two awards, in Sweden the "Golden Wheel" and in USA "Best accessories" at IMTEC, Chicago boatshow.

Speed Rail is patented
. "

Thread about them here on OSO.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...eed-rails.html

Originally Posted by Gary C
I installed them on my Donzi Z-25. You use screws and 5200 sealant and they are not going anywhere. I picked up about 3 MPH. You have to read the directions carefully, so you get them in the right spot. I have since sold the boat. It was a cheap speed increase.
http://www.thesmartrail.com/
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Speed Rails (Smart Rails & Fast Rails)...who knew???

"Speed Rail is another product invented by us(Ocke Mannerfelt who invented the BatBoat also invented speed rails). It is a 3 foot long aluminium profil that fits the running strakes of the boat (of any boat actually).

Whereas normal spray rails deflects water horizontally away from the boat, creating friction and drag, the Speed Rail deflects water downward to further enchance lift, speed and fuel economy.

It also helps stability in both tracking and turning. The device is used on many European offshore raceboats.

Speed Rail have won two awards, in Sweden the "Golden Wheel" and in USA "Best accessories" at IMTEC, Chicago boatshow.

Speed Rail is patented
. "

Thread about them here on OSO.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...eed-rails.html

http://www.thesmartrail.com/
cool! so speed rails improved the performance of the boat by adding lift.

those cocktail napkin engineered rails on the sweet sixteen in question do not add lift. i have never seen another donzi sporting a pair either...

w
Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Because there under the boat not in the bow.I think you are a keyboard engineer No I really can't figure out what type of engineer you are LOL

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-16-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.