Notices

Beep beep 38 coyote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Grandfather of my 88 Sonic. Digging it too. Would make a great bar hopper for the LOTO if you could convince the ladies to let you tie strap them down on the engine hatches.
I'm thinking cut the deck open where that padded area is in front of the windshield. Could have a funky sort of open bow.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I hired Jean Claude Simon to come up with a new design from his experience with Beep Beep. That boat mold was originally designed as a 44 footer by Sonny Miller and Bobby Saccenti.

The 44 foot mold was plugged and 38 footers were pulled out and some of them became Beep Beep.

So the boat here is from my design which was a 38 footer. www.bananaboatco.com has the photos of my race boat Top Banana racing back in the 70's.

The design was a fast one but you have to have a lot of horsepower to get it moving and keep it going.
Charlie was the unusual look of the foredeck to add rigidity? Also curios about the height (which eventually lead to all that great head room in the cabin) was there a another reason for building it that way?

Thanks for being around to answer all these silly questions and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Charlie was the unusual look of the foredeck to add rigidity? Also curios about the height (which eventually lead to all that great head room in the cabin) was there a another reason for building it that way?

Thanks for being around to answer all these silly questions and Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too!

JC Simon studied under a bunch of different people in Europe. One of them was an Italian by the name of Paolo Caligri. If you Google that name you will find some images of his original designs....the decks all had this look.

When my race boat was finished, Don Aronow took a look at the way the deck rose up like it did and he advised me to cut it down and build a flat deck out of plywood to cover the hole. Don felt the rise would act like a spoiler and push the boat deeper into the water, actually fighting the lifting strakes. So I did that and glassed over the plywood and added an aluminum vee shaped windshield as a safety precaution in case the boat ever dove in nose first. The vee shape would break the wave and spread the force before it hit the crew.

I was very happy with the way the race boat ran with the deck lower. I had a pleasure boat version with the high deck and that was great too with the cabin room.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

can't seem to find a home...................relisted again!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
can't seem to find a home...................relisted again!
Pete,, I wonder what the buy price really is??? I like it but the market for a 3 man stand up boat is limited, and without a trailer 14k to 15k may be the right price...
Old 01-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Pete,, I wonder what the buy price really is??? I like it but the market for a 3 man stand up boat is limited, and without a trailer 14k to 15k may be the right price...
Unfortunately it's worth more parted out.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Mark,

I get the feelling that if a $16,100 final bid couldn't do it for them then maybe they have higher expectations $$$- seems they put alot into the advertising of it & maybe looking to turn a14K boat into a 20K boat ...............I agree, not much appeal out there for an underpowered 38' with limited cabin and cockpit space.

Last edited by scippy; 01-04-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sold. 16k that's a lot of boat for the money. good luck to the new owner
Old 01-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Still on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/38-Coyote-Of...wer_Motorboats

The boat looks GREAT in the pictures.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
sold. 16k that's a lot of boat for the money. good luck to the new owner
When items seem to sell on ebay than come up again is called Shill bidding. It can happen on or at any auction !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.