Notices

Beep beep 38 coyote

Old 12-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Beep beep 38 coyote

Been on eBay twice now. Didn't sell at 18k w/o trailer. Sucks it's got bottom paint. Doesn't look like old race boats make very good pleasure boats, where would you put all the hoes!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/38-Coyote-Of...wer_Motorboats
Old 12-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

The e-bay seller is saying "he's not sure about the drives, but "They are very expensive !!!"...infact they are older TRS drives ....They also call it a race boat.....but it does 50mph @5000rpm!
I remember someone on here (OSO) bought it for $14,1000 w/trailer back in May...........................But on the e-bay ad it now surveys for $63,500........is this the same boat???
Old 12-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
The e-bay seller is saying "he's not sure about the drives, but "They are very expensive !!!"...infact they are older TRS drives ....They also call it a race boat.....but it does 50mph @5000rpm!
I remember someone on here (OSO) bought it for $14,1000 w/trailer back in May...........................But on the e-bay ad it now surveys for $63,500........is this the same boat???
Pete I believe it's the same Beep Beep & the owner is most likely the same guy that has this Vee windshield Magnum that was also for sale..
This owner posted this when he bought Beep Beep last February.

[I am the new owner of the 38 Coyote or what ever the hell it is.
It is so sweet. Stole it at an auction. the coyote is going to howl.
I was restoring this sweet purple 71 27 foot Magnum Sport
But I guess, it will be going up for sale. Twin 300hp. ]
Attached Thumbnails Beep beep 38 coyote-mag-12-download.jpg   Beep beep 38 coyote-mag-16-download.jpg   Beep beep 38 coyote-mag-p-img_1007.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 12-21-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:30 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The drives do not look like TRS drives - rather they look like # 3 drives !
Old 12-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M
The drives do not look like TRS drives - rather they look like # 3 drives !
I would say they are Merc # III speedmaster drives, with that oil fill plug on the top of the drive & crescent lower foot. Looks like the drives & steering rams all have a fresh coat of black paint too. The only problem with this boat it has limited cockpit space, but it's a good wave crusher even if it only runs around 60mph. As far as the bottom paint I would think a soda blasting would clean all the bottom paint off.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
I would say they are Merc # III speedmaster drives, with that oil fill plug on the top of the drive & crescent lower foot. Looks like the drives & steering rams all have a fresh coat of black paint too. The only problem with this boat it has limited cockpit space, but it's a good wave crusher even if it only runs around 60mph. As far as the bottom paint I would think a soda blasting would clean all the bottom paint off.
It doesn't look half bad. Reliable power and drives. Just no cockpit space.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

The boat survey seems to be a very general one (no moisture meter readings) but they still list the value of the boat to be $63,500??
for a boat that's almost 34 yrs old I would want to be assured there's no stringer or transom rot......your right they are #3's and also
it has closed cooling which is a plus........With 5 days still left to the auction it's at 5k, if it goes higher you'd have to credit the marine
dealership for marketing it so well...........alot of hype in there!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Pete I believe it's the same Beep Beep & the owner is most likely the same guy that has this Vee windshield Magnum that was also for sale..
This owner posted this when he bought Beep Beep last February.

[I am the new owner of the 38 Coyote or what ever the hell it is.
It is so sweet. Stole it at an auction. the coyote is going to howl.
I was restoring this sweet purple 71 27 foot Magnum Sport
But I guess, it will be going up for sale. Twin 300hp. ]

im digging that boat the more i look at it. with a short molded windshield. would be SWEET
Old 12-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Grandfather of my 88 Sonic. Digging it too. Would make a great bar hopper for the LOTO if you could convince the ladies to let you tie strap them down on the engine hatches.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

I hired Jean Claude Simon to come up with a new design from his experience with Beep Beep. That boat mold was originally designed as a 44 footer by Sonny Miller and Bobby Saccenti.

The 44 foot mold was plugged and 38 footers were pulled out and some of them became Beep Beep.

So the boat here is from my design which was a 38 footer. www.bananaboatco.com has the photos of my race boat Top Banana racing back in the 70's.

The design was a fast one but you have to have a lot of horsepower to get it moving and keep it going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.