Notices

Boat weight.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
Paul Smith's 50/50. for sale in Harrison Township MI. PM me as I have the owners # if you would like it.
Joe,,,, Damon's 29' Mirage ????? These pic's are old she now has newer power & powder coated swim platform, & looks very good.
Attached Thumbnails Boat weight.-mirage-2009-030.jpg   Boat weight.-mag-2009-0283.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Joe,,,, Damon's 29' Mirage ????? These pic's are old she now has newer power & powder coated swim platform, & looks very good.
That's it......unless I'm mistaken?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 9 Meter SS that I might consider selling. Unfortunately no pictures as it's shrink wrapped currently. PM me if you're interested.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

Mark, I haven't weighted it , a matter of fact it hasn't been in the water in a year and 5 month . Superstorm sandy destroyed my house and I didn't finish The boat .I had to build A new home. Motors are back in, drives are off but are painted like new and ready to go on it . interior is out of it but interior is brand new. For the right price I might sell it I just spend to much money on the house now I have to sell some stuff.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Registered

6250 with half tank of fuel in the forward, and aft tank.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cig28
Mark, I haven't weighted it , a matter of fact it hasn't been in the water in a year and 5 month . Superstorm sandy destroyed my house and I didn't finish The boat .I had to build A new home. Motors are back in, drives are off but are painted like new and ready to go on it . interior is out of it but interior is brand new. For the right price I might sell it I just spend to much money on the house now I have to sell some stuff.
That SUCK'S Jim,, I had my home flood when the Great Lake rose back in1985-86 but I cant imagine losing a home to a hurricane. I you decide to sell her I'm sure you will find a buyer, you took a good boat & made it better than new.... Mark
Old 01-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
I have never weighed my Starfire but I think Cig92's numbers seem heavy to me. The factory stated 5000 lbs for a sport with small blocks so I figured around 5400-5500 for mine with big blocks. Like Mark said, layup can make a big difference, early Mag sports were heavier than later models. With 2 more feet and 6" more freeboard I would guess the Mirage would be 6000-6200. Maybe 6500 with some gas and gear, not that far off from 7000lbs.

Cig, I bought an old 32' Midnight Express that was originally from your area I think. It is grey with silver/gold/black stripes and had arneson drives. Do you know it? Love any info.

Thanks - Marshall
Yes. I know the boat very well. I've driven the boat a few times, it's one cool boat. It was a stagger, dry exhaust, merc 400 cyclones (495) hp built by innovation marine when new. The boat was dialed in at lake x before delivery to my neighbor back in 1982. Funny enough he's still my neighbor today lol. When it was sold a few years back from my area it was still in original trim and needed nothing. The boat was nice, sat inside most of its life and when it left here it still had under 75 original hrs on the complete boat. Motors were original, trailer, paint, exhaust etc. fresh water it's whole life. I was sad to see the arnesons go. How does the boat look today.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
That SUCK'S Jim,, I had my home flood when the Great Lake rose back in1985-86 but I cant imagine losing a home to a hurricane. I you decide to sell her I'm sure you will find a buyer, you took a good boat & made it better than new.... Mark
Mark, here is a couple of pictures of the boat in my 24x50 garage that's under the house
Attached Thumbnails Boat weight.-image.jpg   Boat weight.-image.jpg  
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Mark, here is a couple of pictures of the boat in my 24x50 garage that's under the house
pictures are looking good! looking forward to hearing from you
Old 01-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jim your pic's sure brings back memories of that Mirage..... I love your garage, I have been thinking of building a new home just that way with a large garage under the house..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.