Aluminum Cougar Catamaran >

Aluminum Cougar Catamaran

Notices

Aluminum Cougar Catamaran

Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

It's definitely on Bob's Kaisers trailer....
Old 02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by I'CE
so what is she worth as is ?
what is the going price for scrap?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
It's definitely on Bob's Kaisers trailer....
I agree about the trailer but the Hull skin just looks different from the picture in the mag. Btw thats a cool Magazine picture.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting thread here from 2006- looks like boatme wanted to buy it back then .

I've always liked the separate canopies and still have the Budweiser version T shirt- guess I'm getting old.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...7-systems.html

Looks like this hull is missing the deck strakes from 1987 model and doesn't appear to be the shark nose 40'.

Don't recall ever seeing it on the water around here (whatever that means )

Lane
Old 02-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 28 V
Interesting thread here from 2006- looks like boatme wanted to buy it back then .

I've always liked the separate canopies and still have the Budweiser version T shirt- guess I'm getting old.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...7-systems.html

Looks like this hull is missing the deck strakes from 1987 model and doesn't appear to be the shark nose 40'.

Don't recall ever seeing it on the water around here (whatever that means )

Lane
Lane,

If you want to see the Cat in person, its located on Camino Tassajara off of I-580 west, just before the Quarry School on the right in Dublin
Its right after the road goes from two lanes to one lane each direction
Thank you
Jim
Old 02-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 15 Posts

Ah ok..thanks Jim- wondered where she was.

There used to be a Formula that sat over there rotting along the highway...maybe its the same person that has an "affliction".

Lane
Old 02-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 28 V
Ah ok..thanks Jim- wondered where she was.

There used to be a Formula that sat over there rotting along the highway...maybe its the same person that has an "affliction".

Lane
Lane
could be as you can see from some of the photos, there is some older trucks, cars and construction equipment there also the Cat is partly hidden behind a closed trailer along the road.
thank you
Maybe there might be some one there to talk with if you stop by

Jim
Old 02-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark How have you been. I didn't change the bottom After I took over 1500 lbs out of it, built new engine covers with huge scoops that we sealed off to the injection velocity stacks we actually lost the vacume and picked up 1/2 lb of boost at about 115mph. Then she took off pretty good 125 plus. That was pretty good in the day for 500 cu in and naterally asperated. only problem it wouldnt turn. I welded skegs on both sponsons 1/3 back from the front. Stopped it from sliding in the corners. The good old days when racing was way cool. and competitive. How's Joey doing? JIM
Old 02-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Funagler
Hey Mark How have you been. I didn't change the bottom After I took over 1500 lbs out of it, built new engine covers with huge scoops that we sealed off to the injection velocity stacks we actually lost the vacume and picked up 1/2 lb of boost at about 115mph. Then she took off pretty good 125 plus. That was pretty good in the day for 500 cu in and naterally asperated. only problem it wouldnt turn. I welded skegs on both sponsons 1/3 back from the front. Stopped it from sliding in the corners. The good old days when racing was way cool. and competitive. How's Joey doing? JIM
Sad to say Joe died several years ago, it took us by surprise. Rob is ironhead hear on OSO, were both trying to see who can buy the most old offshore boats, why ??? For some reason I thought you sanded the rivets down on the bottom of your cat, Good to see you on OSO. Mark
Old 02-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There wern't any rvits on the bottom It was welded but warped. I did refinish the bottom with a light weight aircraft type bondo used on airplane wings. About 2 MPH but looked a hell of aot better. If you are into old race boats, I have the 38 BERTRAM BENIHANNA Smitty Smith throttled it. He and Rocki have both passed away. JIM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.