Popeyes Flight Marine cat >

Popeyes Flight Marine cat

Notices

Popeyes Flight Marine cat

Old 03-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
I think it was injected 2.4 power heads on there sides linked with blower belts to a common drive shaft , there were in/out boxes on the power heads, from what I remember the flex in the hull and the drive shaft and a flex-e-flyer hull was its down fall it was later converted to inboards but it coudnt take any rough water
Hey Rob,

I'm in Florida with the Harbor drive historian.
It's raining cats and dogs. No snow though!

Jeff
Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I think it was injected 2.4 power heads on there sides linked with blower belts to a common drive shaft , there were in/out boxes on the power heads, from what I remember the flex in the hull and the drive shaft and a flex-e-flyer hull was its down fall it was later converted to inboards but it coudnt take any rough water
Wasn't it called Rocket Man when it had inboard power???
Old 03-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just got back thurs night from fla, it was nice when i was there, sunny 45 today, and mark i think your rite on "rocket man? al jr and i think idoni ran it in 1 race but it was one light flexy flyer boat
Old 03-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i just got back thurs night from fla, it was nice when i was there, sunny 45 today, and mark i think your rite on "rocket man? al jr and i think idoni ran it in 1 race but it was one light flexy flyer boat
Mark, Jeff & I are in Florida now hunting out classic offshores, like we need more boats ?????
Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Found these pic's that may be Al's Flight cat, they were posted here on OSO back in 2004.
Wouldnt it be easier in the future if we needed pictures, to first check with the picture god (h20boater)? Sure would get us there faster.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hesitant to post....however....

I spoke at length with the only person as knowledgeable as BROWNIE or Al.

Good friend of yours, BROWNIE.

He has a lot of period correct (op's original request) pictures as well as the pictures when he bought it from Al's son-in-law, and again when he re-sold it.

It is local to south fl now, and available for purchase, but it is very unfortunately in a condition that is far and away from its original, champion state.

I am there again tomorrow, and I will ask (DH) for the images....along with some really, really cool period correct rc versions of the same. My (turned 7 yesterday) son idolizes him, and he is helping us get a couple of projects done in the rc and real world.

Salt of the earth great guy, mentor, accomplished man and historic racing legend.

BROWNIE knows the name! So does my 7 yr old son! Stay tuned.....

Try to put some up tomorrow.....
R
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for trying I would love to see what she looked like painted as Popeyes.

Originally Posted by commandersander
I'm hesitant to post....however....

I spoke at length with the only person as knowledgeable as BROWNIE or Al.

Good friend of yours, BROWNIE.

He has a lot of period correct (op's original request) pictures as well as the pictures when he bought it from Al's son-in-law, and again when he re-sold it.

It is local to south fl now, and available for purchase, but it is very unfortunately in a condition that is far and away from its original, champion state.

I am there again tomorrow, and I will ask (DH) for the images....along with some really, really cool period correct rc versions of the same. My (turned 7 yesterday) son idolizes him, and he is helping us get a couple of projects done in the rc and real world.

Salt of the earth great guy, mentor, accomplished man and historic racing legend.

BROWNIE knows the name! So does my 7 yr old son! Stay tuned.....

Try to put some up tomorrow.....
R
Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His rc version is a spot-on.....

Where are u located?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am located in Atlanta

Originally Posted by commandersander
His rc version is a spot-on.....

Where are u located?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why the mystery? I have some great pix of the 8 engine from a boat show sent to me by Peter Birkett who drew it. I will post tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.