Mr. McCarthy question >

Mr. McCarthy question

Notices

Mr. McCarthy question

Old 01-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. McCarthy question

dear mr.mccarthy ,maybe you can help me out.
i can not find any power cable that go to the battery,i want to put a battery in to see what is still working,but no idea were the connection cable was before?

thanks in advance,

jef
Attached Thumbnails Mr. McCarthy question-ax2.jpg   Mr. McCarthy question-ax3.jpg  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

If you look at the second connection from the center right ..... I've got no clue but I would think the battery cables went to the, (+) went on the starter and the (-) going to the block. Most boats make a power connection (for the rest of the boat) at the starter. I put in a power block (looks like a Mercruiser motor mount with a bolt sticking out of it) just so mine wouldn't make the connection at the starter.

We need bigger pictures (I'm just trying to see what's inside). Maybe you and Mr. McCarthy can answer a couple question I have also. I see the second picture is the back of the dash, where it the other one looking at? Hydraulic or power steering? Two fuel water separators before the fuel pumps? One high one low? Electric fuel pumps? Were they used to get the fuel to the mechanical fuel pump on the motors or was that it? A hand bilge pump? Brownie had a 1-1/4" bilge scupper in the transom of the 24 with a cable to the dash to open and close it. Does the boat have a ballast tank?
I've got more but will wait.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 38banana
dear mr.mccarthy ,maybe you can help me out.
i can not find any power cable that go to the battery,i want to put a battery in to see what is still working,but no idea were the connection cable was before?

thanks in advance,

jef
Batteries were located low on the vee right behind the firewall in the engine compartment. The cables connecting everything were run from those batteries. I have no idea if the last owner relocated any of this stuff.