Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial? >

does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial?

Notices

does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial?

Old 07-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed
Nothing to do with anything Don did. The Imperial was just another hull copy of many. Know the boat you are referencing.
wrong ed.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sheerant
I was wondering with all the non-competes Don Aronow had. If the 86 Imperial that seems to be the same boat as the cigarette Squadron had anything to do with I Aronow.
yes Don knew about all the boats being finished by imperial . They were all finished in Fla.(not the home of imperial) so they could keep a close eye on the finished product. Yes Don died while these boats were being finished.. but nonethe less they were finished... and I also have one.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
False. Don did not make them. Imperial copied the 27 Magnum/28 Cigarette hull themselves, as many companies did, and are still doing. And for the record, Don Aronow didn't "design" any of his hulls. He paid someone else to design & build the original tooling.
ed... the hull we are referencing looks nothing likethe 28 cigarette... it is a 27ss!
Old 07-29-2018, 12:57 PM
Registered

Default Not true!!

Originally Posted by Ed
Nothing to do with anything Don did. The Imperial was just another hull copy of many. Know the boat you are referencing.
That statementis not true! They had everything to do with Don... he collected the hulls from hawk.. and they were finished in Fla...by "imperial " but hull identification shows origin of the boat as "ASLP" build was "W".. next was the production # for that year ( mine happens to be "006"). Next two digits were internal to imperial(build specifics, month of build etc ) And last two are the year( mine is "88). Build more solidly than any of you want to admit! They were heavily inspected by Cigarette for accuracy and build quality... mine will go toe to toe with any built before Don died!! And fyi it's also for sale!

Bravo one.. and working shotguns.

Last edited by Winning; 07-29-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 07-29-2018, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

The internet is flooded with people so desperate to believe that Don had something to do with their boat they'll claim or believe anything .
I had a relative who used an Imperial Squadron 27 clone to move a load of herb many years ago.
I'm very familiar with the boat and it was a POS compared to a genuine Aronow boat . He knew a good boat better than 90% of the people on this site and he burned it after it had done its job .
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (05-18-2020)
Old 07-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by madbouyz
The internet is flooded with people so desperate to believe that Don had something to do with their boat they'll claim or believe anything .
I had a relative who used an Imperial Squadron 27 clone to move a load of herb many years ago.
I'm very familiar with the boat and it was a POS compared to a genuine Aronow boat . He knew a good boat better than 90% of the people on this site and he burned it after it had done its job .
don't believe your story... sounds made up just to suppress the acknowledgment of some pretty fine boats. Have a neighbor who owned a cig manufacturer 27ss and has told me this is everything his was and more... just saying..keep believing that b.s. that wasin the news years ago just to keepthe dollars moving in cigarettes way... it's the real deal down to the keel!
Old 07-30-2018, 10:59 AM
Registered

I've owned several Magnum's and Cigarette over the years 27's and 28's the quality of the Imperial was the same 6 to 8 inch thick transom zero stress cracks.... Built in Jupiter Florida not Indiana.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sheerant
You keep saying many other companies..... can you name 1?
Aero marine here in michigan copied the 27 magnum for years....not a quality boat but looked identical.

Last edited by topprop; 07-30-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 07-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Registered

Those boats were not built in Florida
Old 07-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Registered

Or in the time period of the Don Aronow Non-Compete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.