Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial? >

does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial?

Notices

does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial?

Old 02-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone know if Don Aronow built boats for Imperial?

I was wondering with all the non-competes Don Aronow had. If the 86 Imperial that seems to be the same boat as the cigarette Squadron had anything to do with I Aronow.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sheerant
I was wondering with all the non-competes Don Aronow had. If the 86 Imperial that seems to be the same boat as the cigarette Squadron had anything to do with I Aronow.
Nothing to do with anything Don did. The Imperial was just another hull copy of many. Know the boat you are referencing.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
Nothing to do with anything Don did. The Imperial was just another hull copy of many. Know the boat you are referencing.
I was actually in formed by a Magnum Historian that these boat were produced by Aronow for Imperial.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
There were 20 examples built....
Old 03-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Mr. McManus built all the original 27' Squadrons and he described the Imperial hulls as "obvious scam".
However those hull were marketed when Mr. Aronow was still alive as were a couple of other boats in Europe and the US which were originally designed for Mr. Aronow.
Some of those companies even used Mr. Aronow's name for advertising. I can't imagine that they did that without any business agreement.

Last edited by olli; 03-23-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

I was actually in formed by a Magnum Historian that these boat were produced by Aronow for Imperial.
False. Don did not make them. Imperial copied the 27 Magnum/28 Cigarette hull themselves, as many companies did, and are still doing. And for the record, Don Aronow didn't "design" any of his hulls. He paid someone else to design & build the original tooling.

Last edited by Ed; 03-23-2018 at 03:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ed:
FlyenBrian (03-30-2019), Indy (05-21-2020), larslindroth (03-31-2019), scippy (03-23-2018), Twin O/B Sonic (05-18-2020)
Old 03-31-2018, 10:26 PM
Registered

You keep saying many other companies..... can you name 1?
Old 07-29-2018, 12:41 PM
Registered

You keep saying many other companies..... can you name 1?
no he can't.. because other than Rampage and Imperial no one actually ever made it... not joker... no one.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Registered

That is totally true sheerant.. they are the same quality as the originals... because they arethe originals , ....but none of the cig owners can admit that Don was involved with some shady back door deals... but made some ofthe best 27ss he had ever produced!!
Old 07-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
False. Don did not make them. Imperial copied the 27 Magnum/28 Cigarette hull themselves, as many companies did, and are still doing. And for the record, Don Aronow didn't "design" any of his hulls. He paid someone else to design & build the original tooling.
Hey Ed... you got your history mixed up..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.