Notices

24 cig 400 TRS help

Old 09-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 cig 400 TRS help

Hello all,
I have a 24 cig with a 454 TRS and gaffrig headers. I am dripping black oil out of the port exhaust when idling. About a drop every few seconds. I pulled the oil cooler mounted in the bell housing on the port side and pressure tested it and no leaks. Any and all suggestions welcome. Engine runs strong with about 250 hours on her. Engine was built by Hawke in the early 90’s. Thank you!
Old 09-04-2023, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Truckexpert
Hello all,
I have a 24 cig with a 454 TRS and gaffrig headers. I am dripping black oil out of the port exhaust when idling. About a drop every few seconds. I pulled the oil cooler mounted in the bell housing on the port side and pressure tested it and no leaks. Any and all suggestions welcome. Engine runs strong with about 250 hours on her. Engine was built by Hawke in the early 90’s. Thank you!
Make sure you don't have a misfiring cylinder on that bank. Raw fuel coming out exhaust valve will melt carbon/oil residue in exhaust manifold, causing black ,oily liquid to drip from tail. Probably gets burned at higher rpm. Good luck!