1974 Team Cigarette Open with a Yanmar 300 hp

Notices

1974 Team Cigarette Open with a Yanmar 300 hp

Old 12-22-2023, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth
I bet he sold it locally in Connecticut. Go smaller, how about this 1971 Cigarette 24?

Whats the details on this 24......drive, engine, for sale ?
The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 656 Likes on 302 Posts

I don't know the owner, and I've not seen the boat in person. Just did some digging for info after it got listed, since I liked what I saw in the ad. It's a cool cruiser.

Listing link: https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/197...te-24-8991091/

Last edited by larslindroth; 12-22-2023 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-22-2023, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 633 Likes on 258 Posts

Tommy, I really dig the look of the Monza 26. Your
father made a wise decision. The boat you saw was a twin to the one I posted. This one spent its whole life in Lake Tahoe

until the current seller bought it in 2007, brought it to N.Y. and had the partial resto done. This photo is from when this one arrived from Tahoe.

Yea the Monza was a cool old ride. My brother pulled a mold off the hull and he had a guy from Tiara/S2 build a new deck plug/ mold off it. Chit hit the fan economically in 1980 and the molds got sold to Century and became their first offshore boat. The Ultra.

There was a split windshield 26 Monza that used to run around Grand Haven that had a mouthy Baker Automotive with Stellings and a Marine power speedy.

Anyways I looked at the boat about 12 years ago and it is a barn find as it’s sitting in an old factory in n Michigan. He wanted too much for it being it had no power but it was a nice survivor. Other than that one and my dads I have never seen another 26 Monza . The 24/7 Monza’s are everywhere though from the latter owners.
larslindroth (12-22-2023)
Old 01-01-2024, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
That little yanmar 300 is susceptible to over propping as the factory later increased the recommended rpm range to 38-4200 up from 36-3800. I had a 99 model 300 that I bought from new that was wore out at 1100 hours because of this . It’s a 4 liter Toyota excavator motor that’s been marinized and I don’t think yanmar offers that model anymore.
I see, I didn't know that. I had the smaller 4jh4-te 75hp engine in a sailboat briefly. Those are in a lot of small farm and construction equipment. Smooth and sweet sounding engine. I figured the 6cyl would be even nicer. Yanmars are long lasting engines if you care after them. Yea I believe Yanmar doesn't sell any non common rail engines anymore due to emissions/EPA.
tommymonza (01-08-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 01:34 PM
Registered

I bet he sold it locally in Connecticut. Go smaller, how about this 1971 Cigarette 24?
Although that is a nice boat, I really like the layout and simplicity of the cc28 in the original post. I also would rather the single diesel as I think it would be more efficient with fuel but I could be wrong. That's why I have been searching for that boat for a long time to see if it ever makes it for sale and I can try to snag it
Old 01-01-2024, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Redemption
Although that is a nice boat, I really like the layout and simplicity of the cc28 in the original post. I also would rather the single diesel as I think it would be more efficient with fuel but I could be wrong. That's why I have been searching for that boat for a long time to see if it ever makes it for sale and I can try to snag it
Yeah, I feel for you. It sold twice in two years. Maybe THE THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:53 PM
Registered

Yeah, I feel for you. It sold twice in two years. Maybe THE THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM.
Haha maybe so! Do you know the guy who has the nice Magnum 35 that sold it? Maybe he can help me connect the dots. I asked the broker who sold it originally to let the new owner know I was interested... Clearly that never happened haha!
Old 01-07-2024, 09:36 PM
Registered

No, I don't know the fellow. Sometimes I type in the owner's name of a special boat when I save an image or two of it. Unfortunately, I didn't do that this time.

Not a lot of dark blue hull Magnum 35 boats in Connecticut, so I bet he's possible to be found. He owns a couple of 60'-70' yachts too. Whomever bought the Cigarette most

likely won't part with it for quite some time though, but then money talks sometimes, and if you want to go that route I bet it could be yours with some serious

pursuing. This 'left coast' beauty is of much better quality, and when you're ready to unload it, you ship it to Europe and get good money for it, even if the dollar keeps its value.

Last edited by larslindroth; 01-07-2024 at 11:34 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by larslindroth:
tommymonza (01-08-2024), topprop (01-09-2024), Twin O/B Sonic (01-08-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 10:54 AM
Registered

No, I don't know the fellow. Sometimes I type in the owner's name of a special boat when I save an image or two of it. Unfortunately, I didn't do that this time.

Not a lot of dark blue hull Magnum 35 boats in Connecticut, so I bet he's possible to be found. He owns a couple of 60'-70' yachts too. Whomever bought the Cigarette most

likely won't part with it for quite some time though, but then money talks sometimes, and if you want to go that route I bet it could be yours with some serious

pursuing. This 'left coast' beauty is of much better quality, and when you're ready to unload it, you ship it to Europe and get good money for it, even if the dollar keeps its value.
Oh dang, yea that would have been great if you did. Not sure if I'm going to find him down here in Louisiana if his magnum is in CT. I'll keep searching for it from time to time, maybe it will show up again for sale. I'll keep an account ready for it so I can jump on it.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Redemption
Oh dang, yea that would have been great if you did. Not sure if I'm going to find him down here in Louisiana if his magnum is in CT. I'll keep searching for it from time to time, maybe it will show up again for sale. I'll keep an account ready for it so I can jump on it.
What makes you think he'd show in Louisiana? He lives in Connecticut. He sold the boat. The boat could be in Europe by now, but I find it's a very good chance the new owner lives and keeps it in New England somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.