water deflection @units >

water deflection @units

Notices

water deflection @units

Old 07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water deflection @units

Has anybody experienced problems with the way the smartcraft transducers are installed having an effect on water to the lower units? this is a 225 twin set-up on a 30pf/cc
Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Brad
What type of effect are you having I have never heard of that before.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Brad,
You can see my transducer in this picture of the 36 Concept I once had. Do you have a pic of the mounting of yours?

Last edited by FeverMike; 10-30-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered

Mine are on the bottom underside of the boat. one is for smartcraft the other is a live well water intake fitting made of brass. they are directly inline with my lower units. i have one temp alarm that goes off on the port motor and the tech is telling me that these fittings are areating the water to the point I'm not picking up enough water. The boat orginally had 200hps and was repowered with 225hps. t-stats, sensor and impellers have been changed. still get the alarm at times
Old 08-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brad21hudson
Mine are on the bottom underside of the boat. one is for smartcraft the other is a live well water intake fitting made of brass. they are directly inline with my lower units. i have one temp alarm that goes off on the port motor and the tech is telling me that these fittings are areating the water to the point I'm not picking up enough water. The boat orginally had 200hps and was repowered with 225hps. t-stats, sensor and impellers have been changed. still get the alarm at times
Oh I understand now. Yes those fittings could be causing turbulence in the water and you are not getting full water flow to your lower unit. My live well pick up on my Concept was changed to one that did not interrupt water flow as much because my water pressure was a lot less on one engine than another. How is your water pressure per engine?

Go over the www.thehulltruth.com and seek some answers there. It is a fishing boat website with nothing but center console boats with outboards. Try to find a guy named Sundancekid. His name is Joey and he rigs boats for Sundance Marine in the Miami area. Joey is super nice and knowledgeable.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered

the gauge will flux 2 psi or so, you would think at WOT it would be fine with that much speed and water going by but I guess between triming them and the turbulance It just may not get enough, it will alarm at lower speeds also what did you change your to, I don't have smart craft gauges so I can remove that one trying not to add or fix more holes than I have too
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Braad, when I 1st got my Concept it imeditly had to go back to Concept with a host of issues. The live well pick up on the hull bottom was one of them Concept troed to fix. They changed it to another design that did not protrude as deep in the water but my starboard engine always ran less water pressure than my post side die to the placement of the hull fitting. My egines were Merc 250efi's and not as sensative as the Opti's or Verado's.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Registered

Not being the original owner, I don't know if it affected the 200 hp motors, or was the cause they were replaced, but I will find out tonite if removing it is a fix for me. I have removed the fitting and have it blocked off I will see if this does it, if so, then I will relocate it, where I don't know. Thanks for all of your imput
Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

fever mike, sorry I just remembered this thread. 1. the water pick up for the livewell was replaced with one that barely petrudes the hull this has seemed to work, taken out many times with no alarm pressure between the 2 engines is still 2 psi but dosen't flux hardly at all. 2. I left the other big transducer it has no effect on the starbord motor. the guys that worked on it checked the height of engines and said they were fine. i will re-prop this spring and hopefully be able to ride. your input was very helpful, thank you